Skip to content

Changing Spell Descriptions with DLTCEP

kartoffelgratinkartoffelgratin Member Posts: 4
edited September 2019 in BGII:EE Mods
Is this possible ? I have done changes to item descriptions with DLTCEP already and it always worked; any changes to spell descriptions however wont get saved - What do I need to do to change spell descriptions besides altering the description tag and saving it ? Maybe I missed something. Thanks for your help !

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    All descriptions and written text is saved in dialog.tlk file.

DLTCEP does not recognise the dialog.tlk in lang folder of ee games. It looks at the main game folder for dialog.tlk.

Ee games does not recognise dialog.tlk in main game folder. It looks at the lang/en folder for English dialog.tlk (other languages are available) Ee-mods also find and edit the dialog.tlk in lang folder.

What I do, I copy dialog.tlk file from lang/en folder of ee game, into main bg:ee folder. There, dltcep can recognise and edit it. Once you do your edits and overwrite the dialog.tlk in the main golder, you should copy the now editted dialog.tlk into lang/en golder where game can recognise it.

If you install ee-compatible mods, they will edit lang/en folder and not the dialog.tlk in main game folder, so you should keep track of which file is the newest.

Tip:Always keep a safe copy of the original dialog.tlk in another place, just in case.