Skip to content

Darkness over Daggerford: Questions, Odds and Ends

By now I've played through Darkness over Daggerford multiple times, both the original and Enhanced Edition version.

However, there are still some found items in the module that I could never find a use for or questions that were left unanswered.

Seeing as there's not much out there in terms of walkthroughs for DoD, I wanted to start a thread here to discuss those parts of the module that we could never solve.

It probably goes without mention that this discussion will contain some spoilers for the game. :wink:

I'll start:
There are a few items in the game that I could never find a use for:

The apple cider recipe found in the Jonas' house.
It seems that one should be able to use this for something, seeing as it's hard to obtain (found behind a door that can only be opened by picking it's lock), unlike the other "recipes" you can find in the game.
However, I've never been able to give or sell this to someone. Any ideas?

A Gold Cup you can find among the treasure in the lair of the Ogre King - is there any use for this?

Similarly: The Devil's Heart you can find after defeating Abatorru in the "Edalseye's Tower" quest.

Maybe those are just some easter eggs or leftovers from unfinished quest lines, but I'd really like to know if I'm missing something there. :wink:

How about you? Any quests that you could never solve, items you never found, ends you got stuck in? :smile:

Comments

• PhantasmaPhantasma Member Posts: 79
    The cider recipe allows Jonas' wife (I think) to be confronted about 'the true nature of the cider' as well as giving a clue to where to purchase knockout drops.

The gold cup is more valuable than would be usual, but has no special significance.

I think the heart is just flavour :-)