Skip to content

Well this kinda sucks..

So, I've played MANY Infinity engine games in my days, played BG1 when it first came out, IWD so on.
Played BG1, BG2 MANY times but I've never played them in secession. I have BG:EE on PC, android etc.
I just got BG1-SoD-BG2 PS4 combo and was pretty stoked. One thing I am really bummed about is that NONE of the NPC's I've worked on, spent skill books on since the beginning and pushed them thru SoD does not carry over into BG:2. I figured importing would work like it did with SoD but it's only the main character that truly carries over.

NPC's that I've multi-classed/dual classed doesn't carry over into BG2:EE...

Unless I am doing something wrong, this is a tad of a bummer...

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    it has always been like that

if you make a custom team then those characters can carry over, but not joinable companions

for the sake of SoD , the BG 1 joinable companions will be in that game and have the stats you gave them in bg1, but bg2 will be different
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Yup, there are very few NPCs that will go the whole distance, including SoD, with your party. Imoen is absent in SoD and most of SoA. A bunch of other NPCs are killed off in SoA or otherwise not usable. Fortunately, if you buy the DLC, the list expands a bit.

That is pretty much Dorn, Edwin, Jaheira, Minsc, Neera, Rasaad, and Viconia. Obviously if you don't buy the DLC, you won't have Dorn or Neera.

Fortunately, there are mod-added NPCs that add to the list. Isra, Sirene, and a few others that can go the distance with your party. However, most of them don't seem to automatically carry over. I consider it acceptable to use EEKeeper to reset them to their last known states, but if you are on a platform that isn't amenable to game editing, that's a concern.

A word of warning, though - replacing NPCs equipment from the previous game will make the next game significantly easier in the beginning. For instance, Isra was wielding a +3 sword and had enough armor and items to get her AC to -8 towards the end of BG1. At the very beginning of BG2, that makes her pretty OP.