Skip to content

Mithril Tokens

This really bugs me. In every BG2 Playthrough i ever did, i'm only able to find 19 of these mithril tokens inside spellhold, that you can use to buy items. It feels like i'm always missing one of them. Or is it not possible to buy the 20 token item ? I mean i go for the boots of speed all the time, but i always end up with one token short to buy an additional item.

Comments

• iosfrustrationiosfrustration Member Posts: 153
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    because there is only 6 in total between SoA and ToB, and i find it annoying only having 5 out of my 6 characters walking fast with 1 lagging behind )

This gets me every single game. Boots of speed are a quality of life item. And with a 6 person party having 5 pairs is just painful.
    some sadistic dev must have been giggling to himself for weeks. After the 50th time walking from the entrance of the docks all the way to cromwells house at normal walking pace...
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    Tweaks Anthology mod has a new component that makes walking outside of combat much more tolerable before you acquire your collection of Boots of Speed.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    because there is only 6 in total between SoA and ToB, and i find it annoying only having 5 out of my 6 characters walking fast with 1 lagging behind )

This gets me every single game. Boots of speed are a quality of life item. And with a 6 person party having 5 pairs is just painful.
    some sadistic dev must have been giggling to himself for weeks. After the 50th time walking from the entrance of the docks all the way to cromwells house at normal walking pace...

thanks to the EEs its much easier to get that 6th pair as compared to the vanillas :)
  • SacerdorSacerdor Member Posts: 16
    I've found the last 2 tokens after carefully visiting each room again while holding down tab. If anyone ever stumbles upon this thread with the same problem: I was always missing out on the tokens from the room next to the room where you get the four paintings. The container looks like some kind of brazier, so i never tried to loot it.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    i drop in just to tell that boots of speed are useful to avoid to have one of your party members making the others wait for him every time you walk around.
    but are also a very powerful item while in combat, giving to your toons the ability to outrun the enemies at will.
    so
    1. leave very fast an area where your inquisitor is going to drop a dispel magic or your mage a skull trap
    2. flee as the hp pool start to become too low to use some potion or receive a healing spell
    3. kite enemies around while the rest of the party destroy them ranged
    4. flee fast from a place where an enemy is going to cast an aoe spell
    5. let your thief to kite the enemies, hide and stab them, as many times he want if needed, with almost no risk.
    6. flank very effectively or reach fast a far enemy that is killing a party mate.
    7. position your party in the way that gives you the most tactical options and advantage
    and on and over.

even if in bg2 the speed boots don't grant extra apr are much more then an item to walk fast trough an area. those players that cheat in 6 pairs at the beginning of soa "only because i am annoyed of having to wait my slow toons walk around" are unaware of the power of the mighty boots of speed or are cheating with themselves.
    as soon as i equip a toon with the first pair of boots i find i see his killing rate rise, only to be able to move faster in the battle give to him some more hits and opportunities. and i swap those boots between my tank, thief and flanker according to the tactical situation.

• ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    edited December 2019
    Yes, increased combat movement speed even without extra apr is a huge tactical boost, offensively AND defensively. I remember my first playthrough discovering I could abuse the boots combined with a stealthy backstabber and corners to destroy foes without taking any hits at all, repeatedly.
    That was before SCS; there's all kinds of ways to abuse dumb vanilla A.I. :wink: