Skip to content

Question about Branwen mod

MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
I have been contemplating installing this for a while, as I would like a true cleric (having had Tenya in the party in BG1). However, I can't seem to find any solid threads on it, and one of the few pages I found mentioned a fairly significant "bug". Does anyone know if she still loses her XP and stats if dropped from the party?

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    she is alright i liked some of her banters with minsc. but she does not have a quest and i was never a huge fan of her in the first place.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I played Branwen's mod until late chapter 5 and she behaves like a true BG2 npc, with cool banters and dialogues. Her romance path needs a second hand but other than that she's a very cool npc and as a cleric she gets more powerful in SoA because of her access to good weapons and arnor+priest spells.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 880
    I am using it now and it seems solid. She's a decent cleric and makes some amusing comments at various points during the game (comparable in frequency to the Bioware NPCs). The 'romance path' is pretty minimal but fine (nothing irritating or character-breaking, just a little threadbare).

If you want a pure class cleric other than Viconia then Branwen can certainly do the job well.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    I rather missed Tenya in BG2, and while Branwen doesn't have that cool summoning bowl, her full ability to turn undead should be a real asset. I particularly remember how much easier that one area under Candlekeep was when Tenya could wipe out most of the room just by walking around with her turn undead ability engaged.

Given how much of an undead problem there is in Athkatla...