I run a server with some NWN friends. It is called Bastion of Peace. We are not a big server but always looking to expand and better ourselves. We are a server for everyone and every playstyle.
We see a lot of trafic, but we also see a lot of people log in and then gone the next.
We have added several things to welcome new people and older players to keep retention. But thought I would reach out and get everyone's opinion.
What makes you log out from a server you just entered?
(I know that how many players are online on the server matters as well, but someone has to stay on to get the ball rolling.)
- A welcoming area with usefull information (Which could probably be better)
- A guide to all the systems in the first city
- A NPC that hints towards relevant hunting areas
- An active discord
- Easy XP for the first few levels, including no death penalty on the first 3 levels
- Easy quests for the first levels
Any tips and suggestions are welcome.