Skip to content

How do I set up "Rideable Horses"??

I have no idea on how to make it possible for players, and some npcs ride horses. Can you guys plz help me?

Comments

• Ugly_DuckUgly_Duck Member Posts: 182
    Proleric, thanks for the link, but I'm looking for something already built.

CEP has a horse system, but i dont know how to use it, and i cannot find the cep website.

Any ideas?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2019
    Everything you need for the BioWare system is in the link Proleric gave you, but the module needs to be configured to use the built in scripts BioWare provided in 1.69. It literally takes like 5 minutes to set up the module and, actually, you can just drop a horse in a module that isn't configured and any PC will be able to just assign it as a mount using the radial menu, assign it to themselves, and then mount it.

As for the CEP version, I'm surprised their system isn't already configured in one of their demo modules. IIRC, their system uses a "widget" item that allows the character to mount a horse.
    Ok! After several hours of poking around and breaking stuff, I was able to get the rideable horses in my module! But, I still need some help, if possible.

How in the world do I set up an actual "stable" to buy horses through a conversation? I was thinking something like the following:

npc: Hi, what can I do for you?
    player: I'd like to buy a horse.
    npc: *gives multiple options*
    player: id like the white horse
    npc: ok here ya go *takes 200gp for the horse*

Now, what I would like to have happen is:
    1.) make unmounted horses to disappear
    2.) use some kind of inventory item to summon the horse (like a whistle of some kind)

Thanks.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,283
    There's a horse market system in my Enigma Island series. It's in the first area, so you can give yourself some cash in Debug mode to try it.

I never got around to packaging it, but the code is generic.

It does require some builder skills, but a rich feature like that is always going to require a little work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2019
    BioWare horses are implemented as henchmen. Sounds like what you're trying to do is prevent the unmounted horse from following the PC.

Looking at x3_s3_horse - at line 128, it checks for "X3_HORSE_SCRIPT_DISMOUNT" which is a creature flag that assigns a custom script to fire when a PC dismounts target horse. Open "variables" under the horse template advanced tab and assign the script to the value for the variable "X3_HORSE_SCRIPT_DISMOUNT" - you may have to create the variable first. Your custom script needs to fire the horse then jump it to a holding area. Store the horse as a local object on the whistle item. That way if the PC loses the whistle, he loses the horse as well.

The whistle needs to use a script that is named the same as its item tag. You will need to add the Use Spell: UniquePower (self) to the item. When you make the item script, open x2_it_example and look at that - should be easy to figure out. What you'll basically do is jump the horse to the PC when the whistle is blown, then rehire it as a henchman.
    Proleric wrote: »
    There's a horse market system in my Enigma Island series. It's in the first area, so you can give yourself some cash in Debug mode to try it.

I never got around to packaging it, but the code is generic.

It does require some builder skills, but a rich feature like that is always going to require a little work.

I made a couple of attempts to get this working but kept getting the same error message when loading Part 1.
    "Fatal Error: Enigma4.hak version unknown is out of date"

If you could point me in the right direction, so I can find the horse stable area & related data in the toolset (what area to open up), that would be great.
    btw Proleric, from what I saw in the toolset, the area designs are really creative. I like them a lot. Nice work!
    edited December 2019
    @Ugiy_Duck

EDIT - The bug you hit in Enigma Island seems to have been introduced by the latest version of EE Retail. It will be unplayable in EE until I get a hot fix out.

Hitherto, if a script existed in both a hak and the module, the former took priority. Now it seems the priority is reversed, with fatal consequences.

In the toolset, the start area is Koberg Harbour.
    edited December 2019
    EDIT : hotfix for Enigma Island removed because the bug has been corrected in NWN 1.79 8193.5.
    Post edited by Proleric on
    edited December 2019
    The hot fix for Enigma Island is now available on all download sites.

EDIT - since the bug has been corrected, the hot fix is no longer required, and will be removed from the download sites when I'm happy that 1.79 is stable with respect to other resource hierarchy issues.
    Post edited by Proleric on