Skip to content

CEP Demon appearance bug

[CEP23] Demon: Nalfeshnee (CCP)*

I find this NPC appearance can't melee attack me when I'm shifted as a larger creature (e.g. dragon, golem, and a couple others). Instead, it endlessly tries to get closer to me so it can attack. As soon as I shift to smaller, more humanoid sized shape it immediately starts swinging.

Since I was using it as an NPC boss with scripted actions during a fight, I figured I messed up the scripting somehow - which was confusing since I was certain it had worked before. Turns out, my character I've been using for testing is a shifter and the larger shapes expose the issue. Obviously my solution was to switch the NPC appearance to something else, which works great, but I thought I'd pass it along.

Comments

• ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    Terrorble wrote: »
    [CEP23] Demon: Nalfeshnee (CCP)*

I find this NPC appearance can't melee attack me when I'm shifted as a larger creature (e.g. dragon, golem, and a couple others). Instead, it endlessly tries to get closer to me so it can attack. As soon as I shift to smaller, more humanoid sized shape it immediately starts swinging.

Since I was using it as an NPC boss with scripted actions during a fight, I figured I messed up the scripting somehow - which was confusing since I was certain it had worked before. Turns out, my character I've been using for testing is a shifter and the larger shapes expose the issue. Obviously my solution was to switch the NPC appearance to something else, which works great, but I thought I'd pass it along.

The Nalfeshnee is my model I made a long time ago (Orcus) when I was learning modeling, CCP ask me if they could have it there group of creatures I said yes. Then CEP ask me for it too and them made changes to it (I did not really like the changes). Anyhow it not a problem with the model it a attack distance setting within the appearance.2da of the model or one the creatures you are polymorphing into, a five minute fix. I'm sure if you get a hold of The Amethyst Dragon who is running the current version he can look into it more.
  • TerrorbleTerrorble Member Posts: 169
    A quick fix, that's good news. It's a very cool demon model that looks especially menacing when I scale up the size. I'll check out the appearance.2da. Thanks