Skip to content

Lead PC not jumping to new area

Since I reinstalled BG2/SoA/ToB I am experiencing infrequent places where the PC/NPC in the lead position doesn't show up when the party moves from area to area. I found this w/ Neera's Quest & thought it was tied to her but the same thing is happening w/ Watcher's keep. Previously I got around it by going to a different area first. Note the last screenshot indicating the character in question in the south of the map we all ended upon and I hear the voice track like she(he) is there - even get the little green thingy showing where they are supposed to go.

tvygxtuj1nmv.png

oacronaoi492.png

1eveitueg516.png

I am using BG2EE downloaded from Beamdog. Any ideas? I can figure it out but if I just need to add a backslash (\) in the coding or something I won't have to waste time trying to find a workaround. Thanks, CT

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    can you upload a save game with all 6 party members present?

and then i will see if i can produce the same effect

the ONLY thing that i can think of at the moment is that you have the "allow scrolling out of bounds" option on

perhaps try turning that off? on your last screen shot it almost looks like you character is getting stuck in the "out of bounds" area
  • sarevok57 wrote: »
    can you upload a save game with all 6 party members present?

and then i will see if i can produce the same effect

the ONLY thing that i can think of at the moment is that you have the "allow scrolling out of bounds" option on perhaps try turning that off? on your last screen shot it almost looks like you character is getting stuck in the "out of bounds" area

Thanks for the feedback.

I got around it by continuing to the next area, i.e., only five members showed up OUTSIDE of Watchers Keep, but once I walked them INTO Watchers Keep, she was back. That's fine unless I get attacked and my fighter is in-between planes of existence.

Sounds like you're correct though - they're getting stuck in an out of bounds area. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to figure out how to upload a save from the saves folder.

Where would I go to change the "allow scrolling out of bounds?"

It's more of an annoyance than anything. Any help is appreciated. CT

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    in the graphics setting there is a box that says; allow scrolling out of bounds

make sure that option is disabled and see if that helps
  • @sarevok57 Thanks for the help. That was an easy fix. CT