Skip to content

Things I Would Like Returned to Normal

Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
edited December 2019 in General Discussions NWN:EE
Salutations one and all,

Since the last flurry of Beamdog updates, I thought I would throw a few things out there I feel still need to be addressed.

1. Wand Values need to be returned to normal. In case anyone is still unaware, wands have been highly devalued since they added more charges to wands. Currently in just a default merchant, a basic Wand of Missiles (Caster Level 3), costs about 178 gold pieces. That's 50 castings of magic missiles for 178 gold. To put that into perspective, a 10 pack of magic missile scrolls, the same exact spell (3), costs 450 gold. So, 50 scrolls of magic missiles is around 2200 gold pieces (which is normal). This is the true value of that spell. But one can get 50 castings now for 178 gold by just purchasing the wand (which, by the way, if one were to craft that same wand it's still going to cost you 2250 to craft, go figure!)

Likewise, a Rod of Resurrection now costs about 5700 gold. That comes with 10 castings of Resurrection. However, if one were to buy 10 scrolls of Resurrection, that will cost about 30k (the true value). Same exact spell, same number of castings, same power level. (apparently Rods were also a beneficiary of the 250 charge rule)

I've reported this, sent up Redmine, and everywhere else there is. I would like to see this balance restored. Since the change it's unbalanced the game and made everything much more of a cakewalk, especially for mages and UMD users.

2. Restore the Resource Priority Hierarchy. Since the last BD update, default Bio resources are somehow overriding my module resources. I'm not sure how or why that's happening, but I would like that order returned please.

Thanks BD for all of your work and dedication.
OG

GM_ODAJuliusBorisovGrymlorde

Comments

• WilliamDracoWilliamDraco Member Posts: 175
    The Resource Priority issue has already been noted, but commented that due to the holidays it will not be resolved until the new year. See https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1110475/#Comment_1110475

As to the spells, the change just reduced all their value to 1/5th, given they now by-default come with 1/5th of max charges. With the numbers you gave, the wand/rod was already much cheaper comparatively. While I can understand the issue, you can choose not to use them if you feel that they are currently imbalanced, or modify them yourself and increase the price using the toolset.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,269
    In the other thread, there's no suggestion that base is over-riding module.
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    edited December 2019
    While I can understand the issue, you can choose not to use them if you feel that they are currently imbalanced, or modify them yourself and increase the price using the toolset.
    Because this is always a good solid solution when they break something, yes...
  • WilliamDracoWilliamDraco Member Posts: 175
    They didn't "break" anything. Wands and rods are costed based on full charges being 100% of price and anything less being a proportionate reduction of price. When they increased what 'full charges' is, it meant that current wands/rods now only have 1/5th of a full charge, and therefore cost only 1/5th of full price.

They neglected to also increase the price to keep things relatively the same cost, but that imbalanced, not broken.
    megamike15