Skip to content

what diseases are non-magical?

CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 273
edited December 2019 in General Discussions NWN:EE
The monk's immunity to disease specifies non-magical diseases. In NWN, what diseases are non-magical?
PS: and does choosing the Large phenotype for your Human character's appearance make it Large with respect to the Knockdown feat?

Comments

• ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    That's a good question. I haven't played Monks in NWN much, but I have a suspicion that the game probably just gives Monks a blanket immunity to disease regardless of whether the disease is magical or not.

I'm fairly certain that giving your character the Large phenotype does not make them count as Large sized for the purposes of the Knockdown feat, no. However, if you use Leto to change your character's model into a creature that IS Large (or greater) size, such as an Ogre or Minotaur, I believe that you do start counting as being Large for the feat's purpose.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,269
    The only magically damaging disease is Red Slaad Eggs, according to the Wiki, but I don't know whether Monks are immune or not in game.

@Zaxares You're right about Knockdown. Game mechanics determine creature "size" from Appearance, not Phenotype. The Large phenotype makes the human look bigger, but their "size" and "appearance" are the same.
    DerpCity
  • CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 273
    OK, thanks.