Skip to content

(XBox) What's the dfference between weapon effects Daze and Stun?

I am using a short sword and rapier that i crafted in chapter 1 that both have Daze 75% for 1 round but then i found a mace with Stun 50% for 2 rounds.
Whats the diference between Daze and Stun is what im trying to figure out?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• WilliamDracoWilliamDraco Member Posts: 175
    While Dazed, you can still move: "Unable to initiate attacks, cast spells, use skills or feats, or run They can, however, walk away from combat and use items"
    While Stunned, you cannot move or use items.
  • qwert_44643qwert_44643 Member Posts: 311
    Thanks.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Under PnP rules, Dazed creatures also do not lose their Dexterity bonus to Armor Class, while Stunned creatures do, meaning that, in addition to becoming easier to hit, Stunned creatures are susceptible to Sneak Attacks, making it extremely dangerous if you're surrounded by Rogue enemies, or even Rogue enemies wielding ranged weapons within 30 ft. However, I'm not sure to what extent this might have been implemented in NWN.
  • WilliamDracoWilliamDraco Member Posts: 175
    Stunned creatures are automatically flat-footed (and therefore Sneak-Attack-Able).

Dazed creatures have a +2 to attack them (or -2 to AC, however you want to phrase it), and are also unlikely to be doing anything that let's them avoid being flat-footed, but are not strictly forced to be so. I read that having an empty action-queue makes you flat-footed... and while dazed there's little you can do to fill it.