Skip to content

Toolset crashes

Hi all.

During the last updates of nwn EE i have each time lost the ability to use the toolset as it simply crashes on area open.

I have a NVIDIA 1080 graphics card and yes i've tried to diasble the thread optimisation and also disabled inviromental mapping in the actual toolset.

The last few times i have solved this by rolling windows back but this time wondows wont let me do that so how do i solve that this game apparently now cant run Nvidia cards ?

/Tarashon - Builder of the Alangara PW

Comments

• TomRotflTomRotfl Member Posts: 26
    edited December 2019
    if that didnt work you might want to try to reload the GPU drivers or the toolset exe (rename it and repair steam installation)
  • TarashonTarashon Member Posts: 18
    Hi all.

First and foremost thanks for your reply TomRotfl. It did not work for me but much appreciated all the same :)

What did work in my case was Downloading the way older 390.65 desktop NVIDIA driverpack. So if other have similar problems then that MIGHT solve it for you :)

/Tarashon
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    @Tarashon have you tried this -
    1. Go into the nvidia settings
    2. Select manage 3D settings/Program settings
    3. In the dropdown box select Neverwinter Nights (nwtoolset.exe)
    4. Set Threaded Optimization (in the large window under the dropdown box) to off.

NwN's Toolset is a single threaded program.

TR
  • TarashonTarashon Member Posts: 18
    Woops. Sorry for the infernally late reply TarotRedhand.

Like i wrote above i got the things to work but i found your advice elsewhere earlier and it did not work for some strange reason. However my current driver version does so its all good ( for now ).

THX for your advice and taking the time though :)

/Tarashon