Skip to content

Chat logging: lost information after update

Chat logging seems to have stopped capturing some text from dialogue windows. Specifically I was using it to grab the "View Sales Log" information from a shop on PW Arelith and record that information from the chat logs for some in-game accounting of stuff being sold. Last time it worked for me was on 12/11. Next time I tried to pull the log on 12/14 it didn't save the dialogue with all the sales. The server moved to the new version on 12/12. I'm guessing it's something to do with that? Didn't change anything in the config between the updates. I also made sure all the config logging was on in the new config window.

Expected Result:
Dialogue from the window goes into chat log:
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Wed Dec 11 17:34:45] Character: [View Sales Log]
[Mattamue] Character: [Talk] <c þ >[View Sales Log]</c> 
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Wed Dec 11 17:34:45] Character's Shop's Name: This is a record of this shop's most recent sales, after applicable settlement taxes:

10 x Essence (+1d6 Divine Damage, temporary) sold for 10,000 gold, at 04:03 on Day 15 Month 12 156 AR.
1 x Lesser Mind Blank sold for 2,000 gold, at 23:03 on Day 16 Month 12 156 AR.
1 x Blackstaff sold for 4,300 gold, at 23:04 on Day 16 Month 12 156 AR.
...etc

Actual Result:
Only part of the "conversation" is captured.
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Wed Dec 18 22:26:53] Character: [View Sales Log]
[Mattamue] Character: [Talk] <c þ >[View Sales Log]</c> 
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Wed Dec 18 22:26:58] Character: [Done]
[Mattamue] Character: [Talk] <cþ  >[Done]</c>

Any suggestions?

Comments

• MattamueMattamue Member Posts: 4
    This is on Windows by the way, steam version. Happens running a log rotator .bat or running straight from steam.
    It might be a character limit thing. Other dialogue does make it into the chat log, but what I had wanted to pull is kinda big. 2235 characters with spaces. Other dialogue that's ~300 characters is making it into the chat log.
    Looks like addressed in the most recent developments version!

[Windows] We fixed large strings, such as chat logs, disappearing if they exceed 1024 characters.