Skip to content

Verification failed for unknown reasons

ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
This is the message I get when I sign in to BG2EE. BG1EE did it for a while but then stopped doing it, BG2EE is still doing it. When I contacted support, they asked for a screenshot. Can't take a screenshot of the launcher, I tried. I think they thought I meant the beamdog client, but I just downloaded the games directly from Beamdog, not through their client. I know windows 10 update is to blame. But what do I do? Uninstall/reinstall?

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    I've got the same on unmodded BGEE, SoD and BG2EE. The game is asking for a password and will reject anything other than my Beamdog password as incorrect - when I use that it returns the verification failed message.

I've also got 4 different modded installations - 3 of those currently work normally, while 1 is affected by the same issue.ysytl2h5j40j.jpg
  • DabigoDabigo Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    I am experiencing the same issue.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    If it helps, the game works for me when started through the Beamdog client, which in fact uses a separate installation (at least on my computer). I haven't yet reinstalled the games that have stopped working when started direct, but I guess that if you uninstall and reinstall the game it will resolve the problem.
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    @Grond0 @Dabigo I, too, was told to download the Beamdog client, and my old saves are intact. Of coruse, YMMV.