Skip to content

How to get the notes and letters from the game to be used in a tabletop version

My apologies if this has been addressed previously.
I am looking for a way to get all the notes and letters that you find during the campaign (main NWN no expansions). I am not tech savvy and would need step-by-step instructions if I need to access files on my laptop.
If there is a thread already dealing with this, please point me there. If there is a thread, or someplace on the Internet where this is already posted, that would be helpful too. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• CirosanCirosan Member Posts: 25
    In your "data" folder, there is a file called dialog.tlk (at least, that's where it is on Switch; if it isn't there, just search your NWN folder for "dialog"). This file contains every line of text in the game. You can view it with this tool, just download and install: https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/tool/nwn-2datlk-editor-nwn1-and-nwn2-compliant
  • FrimusFrimus Member Posts: 4
    Thank you for replying. I did a search on dialog and found nothing (at least for NWN). I got NWN:EE through Steam, so maybe they call it something different?
  • CirosanCirosan Member Posts: 25
    Go to the game in your Steam library and right click on it. Click Properties. Then click on the "Local files" tab, then on the "Browse local files..." button. That's the folder you want to be looking in, not the one in My Documents.
  • FrimusFrimus Member Posts: 4
    Thank you again for your help, and for your patience. This works. That is a LOT of dialog.