Skip to content

Potential for Dark Mode in the Toolset?

Greetings!
I was curious about whether or not it would be possible to create a "dark mode" for the toolset. Essentially creating a dark grey background on white text instead of black text on a white background. I tend to spend a lot of time in the toolset and it would be easier on the eyes if there were a feature like this. I don't know if something like this could even be possible however. I also apologize in advance if this isn't the proper board for this topic.

Comments

• TomRotflTomRotfl Member Posts: 26
    It is already possible. You can customize background and text colours un the toolset menu. Think the button is the latest on the right from the toolbar
  • RananRanan Member Posts: 34
    Could you be more specific about what options it would be under? I've gone to tools and options and there's a background option there, but it just changes the color of all the null space outside of an area.
  • RananRanan Member Posts: 34
    I also found an option to change scripting text and background colors, but what I'm looking for is something that darkens the background to everything that isn't in the module preview window. But things like where the toolset lists all the areas, the menu where the standard and custom palettes are displayed, etc.
  • AaronnAaronn Member Posts: 3
    Ranan wrote: »
    Greetings!
    I was curious about whether or not it would be possible to create a "dark mode" for the toolset. Essentially creating a dark grey background on white text instead of black text on a white background. I tend to spend a lot of time in the toolset and it would be easier on the eyes if there were a feature like this. I don't know if something like this could even be possible however. I also apologize in advance if this isn't the proper board for this topic.

Hello!
    Creating a "dark mode" for the toolset is a fantastic idea! It can indeed be possible and highly beneficial for users who spend a lot of time using it. Many applications and websites nowadays offer dark mode options for precisely the reason you mentioned - it's easier on the eyes, especially during extended usage.
  • QuilistanQuilistan Member Posts: 177
    Is there a way to adjust this through the registry? This seems like it should be easy, but I have not found a way.

I agree though I open the toolset at night to an eye searing bright screen. would love to see options for adjusting.