Skip to content

[MOD] Planetouched Races

13»

Comments

• Abdel_AdrianAbdel_Adrian Member Posts: 430
    The racetext.2da is different between BGEE, BG2EE, and IWDEE, and SoD has an additional race file sodrace.2da.
    Appending the 8th row of racetext works for BGEE because that line is tiefling, but in BG2EE, the 8th row is vampire and the 9th row is tiefling. If you only append the 9th row for tiefling and skip the vampire row, it inexplicably alters the strref to some default. If you append the 8th row, it has no classes attached due to the race ID of vampire. All I did was make custom strings for both races and now the player can select vampire and read about them, but not play them, and the tiefling works in both games. Editing the IWDEE racetext simply does nothing until they enable scroll bars, so I removed any changed I made to it just in case.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636

The racetext.2da is different between BGEE, BG2EE, and IWDEE, and SoD has an additional race file sodrace.2da.
    Appending the 8th row of racetext works for BGEE because that line is tiefling, but in BG2EE, the 8th row is vampire and the 9th row is tiefling. If you only append the 9th row for tiefling and skip the vampire row, it inexplicably alters the strref to some default. If you append the 8th row, it has no classes attached due to the race ID of vampire. All I did was make custom strings for both races and now the player can select vampire and read about them, but not play them, and the tiefling works in both games. Editing the IWDEE racetext simply does nothing until they enable scroll bars, so I removed any changed I made to it just in case.

Then the easiest solution for this is probably to use the command ACTION_IF GAME_IS, I would guess...
  • Abdel_AdrianAbdel_Adrian Member Posts: 430

Then the easiest solution for this is probably to use the command ACTION_IF GAME_IS, I would guess...
    Exactly. That's all I did.
    ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bgee~ BEGIN
    COPY_EXISTING ~racetext.2da~ ~override~
    ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bg2ee~ BEGIN
    COPY_EXISTING ~racetext.2da~ ~override~
  • ValVal Member Posts: 20
    I discovered a bug.
    I installed the mod (additional mods - bg1 npc and unfinished business) and I have SoD as well. When I try to make aasimar (selecting the elf as instructed) and after appearing in the game i selct the special ability "aasimar origin" - but somehow every time in the character description it says tiefling. No matter which class i pick and select aasimar special ability it is always tiefling. I tried to select "tiefling origins" to try out if it would fix it but it didnt help. Reinstalling and deinstalling the mod did not help either.
  • ValVal Member Posts: 20
    I can not even uninstall the mod now. I tried running the setup and it is still there. I suggest to avoid it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    I'll have to check that out. Seems a lot cleaner, yeah.
    It may be Sunday until I get to this. Busy week.
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    Yay, Planescape!
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Are there new avatars (the image of your character in the inventory screen) implemented or plans to do so?

Are there new avatars (the image of your character in the inventory screen) implemented or plans to do so?

No, and there are no plans to do so. However, with the 2.x changes, you can change your avatar's color. Tieflings tend to have varying colors.
    When I get around to Genasi (all 4), I will choose a specific color for each's skin tint. So, Fire will have red skin. Water will have blue skin. Air will have light green skin. Earth will have light brown skin. There will NOT be new models, just changes in the (default) skin tint.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Ah, alrighty. Thanks for the reply.
    edited July 2016
    So, thanks to the help of @Mr2150, it is now possible to fake it on the character selection screen to have tieflings, aasimar, etc. work with class/kit selections. Basically, the CLASRCREQ.2DA file says what race can have what classes/kits. I will probably be limiting what classes/kits can be taken by each new race, based on 2E lore. But, just know that this UI solution actually does that.

Unfortunately, it's NOT yet possible to have the game pick up the necessary changes to the race abilities; so I will still have to use a script to do that. This means, players will have to read the race descriptions and understand that if you pick tiefling, the changes discussed in the 1st post of this thread will happen POST character creation. Folks will have to plan accordingly.
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    Yeah - it's possible to mod the UI to go through the process of selecting the appropriate races/classes/kits for any new combo you want to add. Effectively you are faking the selection process in a modified menu - and then translating that back into the relevant references.

It's not a working solution yet, but it could easily be...
    Mr2150 said:

It's not a working solution yet, but it could easily be...

Assuming Beamdog exposed the files needed, yeah.

• XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    HI, very sorry to bump this after so long of a pause, I'm not sure if anyone is still interested in using this mod, or does, but after returning to BG yet again, because it is a very long love affair of mine, I installed this mod, and having an odd bug occur. I read the rest of this little thread and i believe it was mentioned, but I wasn't sure if it was addressed or solved. I picked the Aasmiar origin like the directions said, and I get the bonuses for aasimar, but i'm being called a Tiefling in game... I know it's just aesthetic at that point, but I was wondering what I did wrong... and if there's any way to fix it....

Sorry If i've returned too late XD
    Well...the mod is severely out of date. In fact, I would still call it a beta. And I last worked on it months and months ago. I need to update it at some point. My bad. lol
  • UOLegacyUOLegacy Member Posts: 153
    Would love to see it for the other infinity games sometime. Thank you for this!
    UOLegacy said:

Would love to see it for the other infinity games sometime. Thank you for this!

I actually would like to overhaul it entirely, at some point. When I do, I'll probably add support for the other IE games. But I'm glad you enjoy it for BGEE/SOD.
  • Axl_KrowAxl_Krow Member Posts: 69
    Question, do these races have their own paperdolls?
    Axl_Krow said:

Question, do these races have their own paperdolls?

No, they do not.
  • Axl_KrowAxl_Krow Member Posts: 69
    Okay, thanks for answering.
  • deratiseurderatiseur Member Posts: 228
    any chance to have this mod ported for BG2EE or IWDEE ?
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    rapsam2003 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    No, they do not.

There are paperdolls in the old FinnJO's sub-race mod I believe, which was written for Tutu. You might be able to get permission to use them. Worth a try. :)
    Well, I'm no longer supporting this mod. So... /shrug
    rapsam2003 wrote: »
    Well, I'm no longer supporting this mod. So... /shrug

Sad, as it IS still being used, and not just by me. However, I believe others are producing mods that do much the same thing. :) This mod was recommended to me only this week.
  • Just an observation.

I've been using PTRs for the last three runs or so because it just seems appropriate to be a Tiefling since the PC, after all, is a child of Bhaal.

I was just playing around with BG2, and after character creation, and the Irenicus/Imoen cut-scene, the Tieflings and Aasimar 'special ability" didn't show up. Usually I carry my PC over from BG1/TotSC so it just rolls over - but starting from scratch at SoA, it didn't seem too. CT
    EET might be the answer to that problem.