Skip to content

Invalid character - player login refused with Red Dragon Disciple class

Players on my server are not able to log in after leveling RDD class.

They get the error "Invalid character - player login refused. Character does not meet ability requirements for feat."

What are other hosts doing to correct this issue without unchecking ELC on the server?

Comments

• 4BOLTMAIN4BOLTMAIN Member Posts: 90
    edited January 2020
    I now have a client that is only a level 4 barbarian and they are also getting a similar message and are not able to log in to my server.

"Invalid Character - player login refused. Illegal removed spells."

Does anyone have a fix for this other than unchecking the ELC?
  • SherincallSherincall Member Posts: 387
    Can you specify which version (and revision) of the server you're running on? 8193.5? 8193.6?
    Game: 8193.5
    Server:: 8193
  • SherincallSherincall Member Posts: 387
    Try updating your server to 8193.5? Most of these were fixed in 8193.1, but there were a few other straggler issues that were fixed in the subsequent revisions.
    Thank you for your help, I am unable to find an update button in the steam app.

My server window says...

Server Status: Build 8193. (6cb97310)

...so I am not sure if it is the latest version since it doesnt actually say 8193.5

On my 2nd PC I did validate all the game files in steam and that server has the same numbers.

Where can I find or how do I update to the latest version?
    I am still looking for a solution for this issue. As far as I know I have the latest server version. What else can I do so players can log in to my server?
  • TomRotflTomRotfl Member Posts: 26
    I still have players in my server (which is at 8193.5), that are still unable to login with some rdd builds too. Mostly mixed with barbarian. Also, while testing 8193.6, many caster build can't login anymore due to invalid spells. I have already raised issues on beamdog's official bug report site.
    Thanks for the reply, I will keep searching for an answer.
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    Have you updated your haks with the new classes.2da?
    I did try 8193.6 and that did not solve the issue.

I have another thought... If I am not allowing local characters is it really needed to have the ELC box checked since the characters are server vault only?

Perhaps someone has written some code to check feats, etc on client enter?

• EbonstarEbonstar Member Posts: 152
    dont think this is beamdog, make sure your 2das are setup right in your compiler
    Ebonstar wrote: »
    dont think this is beamdog, make sure your 2das are setup right in your compiler

See TomRotfl's comment. On older versions of NWN we never had to set up 2da's for character log in issues. I am not using any haks, only a couple 2da's in the override folder for fast rest and stacking potions.

Are you saying that I need to use an edited character 2da in the override folder for unedited classes?