Skip to content

Killed Daevorn, flood mines, still in chapter 4? Can't get into BG

As the title reads, I can't get into Baldurs Gate despite killing Daevorn and Flooding the mine. Did I miss something? Do I need to console my game to fix it?

Comments

• SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,059
    You can try manually changing the chapter to 5 C:SetGlobal("Chapter","GLOBAL",5). If that fails consider just jumping into the first area.
  • monicomonico Member Posts: 571
    a few seconds after you killed Davaeorn, you should have had a prompt with the following text:

"You have dealt a great blow to the organization known as the Iron Throne, a defeat that you are certain will not be ignored. Now you must travel to the great city of Baldur's Gate, where you are certain to find the truth behind the strange plot that plagues the citizens of the Sword Coast."

Do you remember having this notification? Do you find it in your journal ?
    You might have had a bug where the script did not trigger

(How did you kill Davaeorn? Did you use some weird strategy?)
  • monicomonico Member Posts: 571
    Edit : did you try crossing the big bridge ?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    do you have any mods installed?
  • tedmann12tedmann12 Member Posts: 128
    I ended up consoling the start of chapter 5. I didnt use any weird strats, just fucked him up.

I believe I saw the text that I dealt a blow to iron throne, I got the cut scene of the tunnels being flooded, and then nothing.

Oh well, its all fine now, for some reason the start of chapter 5 never triggered.