Skip to content

I'll Mod You, My Pretty, and Your Little (Mac) Tutu!

GynsburgheGynsburghe Member Posts: 60
Sometimes it's hard to use my main computer - it's popular in our house - everyone is some sort of gamer.

As I like to write for TTRPGs, and I'm a Mac user - I picked up an OLD (PPC G4 MDD FW800) system that can handle some software that I've been unable to use for years (Dundjinni, primarily). It was only a matter of time before Baldur's Gate ended up on that system too!

I've managed to not only install the original Mac versions of BG/BG2 - I managed to actually get it to Tutu! There are quite a number of bugfixes (and especially older versions of mods for Mac) that I'm having a hard time getting. The pre-Intel based PPC macs do not like later Weidu versions or their mods, it seems (I expected that). I've been trying to fish in the 2007-2010 pool using the Wayback Machine (Archive.org) - but a lot of that stuff was never archived.

Has anyone else here done this? I know it's kinda weird - but it's really quite intriguing as a modder to go back to the games that started it all, though the 'Mac' component of that makes a real challenge. I have only managed to get the Mac v15 bugfixes for Tutu - and this has been a problem for folks since late 2010 it seems. I have yet to find a version of NPCProject or SCS that will install.

There are still some bugs in the base install - but they seem to be common ones (can't make certain classes without crash, saves can be wonky, occasional crashing). The unsupported higher resolutions look great, but they don't run quite right.

Anyone?

Comments

• GynsburgheGynsburghe Member Posts: 60
    As an update, I have pulled off a complete Mac Tutu installation with NPC Project, an old SCS, the degreenifier, and Tutu Tweaks (I also added g3tweaks to the mix, which I dodged most of due to redundancy, but did open up the forest areas early). The only installation issue, once I figured out the main issue, was the interjection/quest portion of the antique NPC Project (everything else seems to be working fine).

It is really kinda neat to be able to return to what existed before the EE, though it doesn't replace the experience (especially modding, which was much tougher on Macs in the bygone era).
  • GynsburgheGynsburghe Member Posts: 60
    3c46x8mtohpf.png

Not the most interesting shot, but here's a night time visit to what could be a very bad situation. SCS is installed after all :)