Skip to content

Fighters not receiving APR bonus at level 7

Help! My warriors reached level 7 and I've just noticed none of them are receiving their intended 1/2 APR bonus.

I have a lengthy WeiDU log, so I did a little digging around. On a hunch concerning the only mod I installed that should alter APR, namely CDTweaks' "Everyone Gets Bonus APR from Specialization: Internal working version, unsupported", I found this unanswered bug report: https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/30504-everyone-gets-apr-bonus-from-specialization-bug/

It suggests that component could be the problem. However uninstalling it right now is not really possible, since there are some fairly substantial mods after it in my installation including SCS, EETactics and Item Randomiser, and my limited play-time doesn't currently allow me the several contiguous hours needed to effect their reinstallation.

So the only option immediately available I can think of is directly editing the game's files (after a suitable back-up, of course!).

Does any kind soul know where I should begin digging, presumably using Near Infinity or some such tool?

WeiDU log attached, in case I missed something.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    yup, if you use NI open 'er up and click on the .2da folder

the file you are looking for is; WSPATCK.2da

now you are going to notice the main column and the main row

the 0,1,2,3,4,5 column represents how many proficiency points a warrior possesses

while the 0, -1, 1 ,-2, 2 numbers represent the amount of bonus attacks that warrior will have at that level based on a certain proficiency

( -1 = extra .5 attacks per round )
    ( 1 = extra full attack per round )
    ( -2 = extra 1.5 attacks per round )
    ( 2 = extra 2 full attacks per round )

so for example, a warrior who has 2 proficiency points in a weapon gains an extra half attack per round ( which based on this chart equals; -1 )

so as you will see from level 1-6 the warrior will have a -1 for its value ( indicating the extra half attack )

but when it hits level 7, you will notice that -1 becomes a 1, this is to indicate that at 2 proficiency points you get an extra half attack per round, plus an additional half from being a level 7 fighter, which would equal an extra full attack per round, which is represented as a 1

to make things easier your table should look like this;

wgy9eviuqfmj.jpg

my table is unmodded and gives the correct attacks per round for each level and proficiency point, if yours don't match, just replace your incorrect values with the one on my chart and you should be good to go
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    you can also use EEkeeper that is maybe more user friendly.
    open a save and on the first tab you find a place where you can edit the attacks, select 1.5 instead of 1 and you are done.
    if you follow this way be sure to check if after leveling up it is not reset at 1, it should not, but as i did never try it i am not 100% sure about it.
  • StromaelStromael Member Posts: 195
    Thank you both! I'll try EEKeeper (since it's less invasive to my installation) and if it fails on level-up I'll dig into wspatck.2da.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    Whatever the issue is, it's not CDTweaks component's fault unless it got borked in the install somehow.
  • tspoonfultspoonful Member Posts: 8
    Same problem here, but only in BG2EE, BG1EE works fine with this mod for me.

I took a nose about in NI as subtledoctor suggested and could see what was wrong, but not why or how best to fix it. My working BG1EE version of CLABFI01.2DA (and the other relevant class tables) has a row for AP_D5_NUMAT to be applied at levels 7 and 13 as expected. On BG2EE that row is missing for some reason, so nothing ever gets applied and they sit at 1 APR.

I can't reinstall to fix this without ruining my savegame thanks to Item Randomiser being installed. Also, I don't know if these tables are used by enemies at all, and I don't want to gimp SCS enemies by mistake.

So should I copy the CLABxxx files from my working BG1EE install over the broken BG2EE versions? Presumably this won't retrospectively fix things for my >7th level characters, but I can then use EEKeeper to copy the effects from a new character or something similar?