Skip to content

Realms of Peril - Giantkin (2001-2006)

For those that knew of my server. I keep getting asked about the mod. (ie: send it to x y or z) After a few Years of looking, I had thought it was lost) I JUST found it!
I am trying to get it to work with the 'new' stuff now. After I remember how to set things up, maybe we can play again! (this uses CEP ...before it was 1) after a while, i figured that out. , still unable to open Toolset however.)

I am excited to have found this huge mod, that I thought was gone forever. Email is still active.

giantkin

Comments

• Lilith_Heidi_hoeLilith_Heidi_hoe Member Posts: 13
    Whats it like? Fast, slow leveling? Hack n slash? Roleplay? Action? RP lite? Is there a story behind it? Forgotten Realms?
  • giantkingiantkin Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2020
    Im going to answer this in parts. (as my memory is scattered after these many years lol)
    My overall setup, was a DM less world. (ie: everything worked without a DM)
    Then i had Events.
    Arena event. (was a linked server, with diff rules etc for pvp ...cage matches?)
    a lot of DM events, and
    a Multi DM event. (which was a blast)
    multiple goals, 3 main dm's running 3 groups of main players.
    then the ALT Dm running other players Against the 3 groups.

was a bit crazy, but had alot of fun with that one.

--- Was less RolePlay... more Play your role.
    I had different groups, play their own style. everything was ok.
    (my main Rule was if you interacted with someone, do it in the collective style)
    ie: if you and a friend run into a group doing Roleplay... and you were just passing thru...
    talk to them as a RP setup, and move on.

or attack them ...in a rp way.

if that group was just 'clubbing' and you were the RP... you could use them as random encounters.

(make any sense?) Like... Dont be a D..jerk. was the goal :)

it worked well.

I had multiple groups of ppl help me set up the entire thing.

3 or 5 scripters. (i forget) at different stages.
    one of my favorite script setups, i was told couldnt be done, and me and
    Sadira Dragonxxxx (heart?) i forget. figured out how to do a random reward system based on chests.

Another Group: Xang. he was amazing at making areas. (he left me and made his own PW "the Nexus' and made me one of the Boss' )

I dont know how to explain it. thats why its a bit piecemeal.

I had guilds. (i remember the Theives guild) ibuilt the area so that you had to rogue your way in.
    Deeper you got, the harder stuff was...
    Eventually a group moved in, and used it as their base of operations, and yes, they stole from others :)

I had PVP off in the cities (and some noob areas)
    but the all of the main fight areas was full pvpve

Solo areas, sure... but some areas you had to have a large raid group...

..... im too vague i guess. after i get the toolset to open, ill know more... spark some memories. etc.

• giantkingiantkin Member Posts: 3
    Finally got a chance to play. ( choice to start at higher level, ill have to fix that) def need to play thru from level 2. I somewhat remember the rat quests. lol. already been a month, and yes, first chance!