Skip to content

Triple Class w/ Mage Specialty - How?

For my next run, I think I want to give a triple class f/m/t a go. The plan is to use him as my group's scout for a no-reload (or at least reload light) challenge all the way through the trilogy. While I recognize that he won't get high level spells, I am more concerned about the quantity of spells he will be able to cast. Also, I like the idea of using a mage specialization to add to the RP flavr. My first thought was to make a gnome F/I/T as that fits the whole invisible scout idea and gets me shorty saves. I would use invis to save points for find traps, set traps, and open locks. What would be the best way to use EE keeper to actually get the benefit +1 spell per level (and the accompanying loss of opposite school spells)? I would then probably put points into some ranged weapon (likely shortbows or crossbows for RPing a shorty), dagger in BG (for venom) and then Qstaff for bg2.

My other thought is to go elf, perhaps choosing enchanter as the specialty. Here, I would use bows and long swords for both the racial bonus and for RP reasons. Again, how would I do this with EEkeeper to get the kit to work?

Additionally, if anyone has any advice as to which race I should choose, profs to consider, companions to use or avoid, etc., I would appreciate it. I would especially like feedback on whether this char would fit better in a good or evil party (I know experience gain will be slow, but I want the banter). My initial thought is evil as I can then use Edwin as my main mage. If I go gnome or elf, is there an easy way to make Vicky romance happen?

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    I like the elf Enchanter option myself for the save penalty to enemies on some of the best crowd control spells in the game. Roll up a regular f/m/t then use Keeper to change the kit to Enchanter. Set the mage level to 0 then level him/her up to mage 1 in the game. You can use Keeper again to remove the extra 1 or 2 hit points and extra spells you'll get if that bothers you...