Skip to content

Bug: Heretic Temple Crash

I have had trouble making it to heretic temple from the amphitheater as part of Rasaad’s quest. I have no mods and am playing on PS4. I had this problem with Dorn’s quest earlier, but got around it by realizing it was an interaction with Neera’s quest and finishing all of Neera’s encounters first.

I had an auto save before and have tried doing other quests before returning to the amphitheater multiple times and still have the same behavior. I am just before the end of SOA.

I am posting to report the bug, but also to see if anyone knows a workaround I might try, other than skipping the quest.

Comments

• DavideDavide Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,698
    Moved to the proper section.
  • andyjg13andyjg13 Member Posts: 1
    I'm having the same problem on PS4. Can't travel anywhere else, either, without it crashing.
  • IsrafelIsrafel Member Posts: 10
    Having the same problem on the XBox One version.
  • sommerswerdsommerswerd Member Posts: 1
    I find I can enter and leave the abandoned amphitheater area as long as I don’t talk to the monks. Once I talk to the monks the game glitches when I try to leave. Hopefully the glitch gets fixed soon.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I've been having problems with Rasaad and Neera's areas and cutscenes locking the game up since pre 2.5 Let's hope the devs finally fix it for 2.6
  • VictoLuVictoLu Member Posts: 2
    Same for me on the Xbox One, crashes everytime I try to travel away from the amphitheater after learning the location of the heretic temple :(
  • wojaq667wojaq667 Member Posts: 1
    Is there a solution?
  • mbcmbc Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2020
    On PS4 and this is how I finally got this to work - rather than speaking to the monks and Hammerhelm at all I removed Rasaad from my party as soon as I got to the Abandoned Amphitheatre map and sent him back to Trademeet. This meant that Hammerhelm wouldn’t really engage with me though so I had to force a fight. Once defeated he dropped the note that tells you about the Heretic Temple. I travelled there no problem (the cutscene seems to be the thing that was causing the bug?). Once at the Heretic Temple map I just went back and picked Rasaad up. Hope this helps someone else!