Skip to content

Help choosing a final party member

WyldeOmenWyldeOmen Member Posts: 4
Hi all!
Thanks for taking the time to read this!

In BG EE, so far my team consists of Hero (fighter), Imoen, Branwen, Minsc, Dynaheir.

I plan to dual Imoen to mage.

What do you all think would be a good 6th character? And I would like 6, not just 5.

I had a few thoughts, like Kivan or Ajantis or Yeslick but im really not sure. Any other point of view would be appreciated. im also thinking possible Jaheira (because shes in BG2) while turning Khalid to stone, but not really sure. I've sort of reasoned out that Dynaheir and Imoen cover the mage type magics well ... then again i don't have a really strong grasp on D&D like some of you out there.

Any suggestions of any sort is welcome. I only tried to explain where my thinking was at but, if there is a better idea.... I also appreciate a good level of role playing in selecting party members (well perhaps not in branwen's case as i just wanted a healer/buffer type...) and i also felt guilty booting Jaheira (not only for bg2) and Khalid because their back story is tied to mine.

thanks a lot for your time
i really appreciate it
Post edited by WyldeOmen on

Comments

• ZackelZackel Member Posts: 20
    Since it's a good aligned party with a good hero, yeslik or ajantis for a + tank or even better if u keep 5 man party until you get the best archer in bgee in cloakwood .
  • SeorrSeorr Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2020
    I'd say you can spice things up by picking up Faldorn in Cloakwood. She has a wide array of interesting druid exclusive spells + dread wolf summoning as a special ability. Her mediocre physical statistics are not a problem at all, because she'll either cast spells from range or fight shapeshifted into a bear. https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Shapeshift#Standard_Druid_Forms
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    edited February 2020
    Coran would be a very good pick if you are going to dual Imoen so he can cover thieving whilst she has downtime. He is an excellent archer.

Kivan is also a great archer and can get up close and tank if required.

I really like Yeslick as a character but you have Branwen already and he needs the gauntlets of dexterity, which are nice on Minsc.

Not sure if your pc is human but a party of all humans is a bit bland.
  • ShangerooShangeroo Member Posts: 84
    edited February 2020
    Coran. It’s good to have a ranged expert in the party. He’s the best one in the game imo.

Plus having another thief you can have him put all skills in pick pocket or set trap so that Imoen can focus on find traps and open lock
  • WyldeOmenWyldeOmen Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for all the advice, it really helps! sometimes i find myself with choice paralysis
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    In addition to the advice above (which are all good!), I would also recommend bringing a secondary healer/divine spellcaster in the 6th slot, just because you tend to be hurting for magical healing in the first game and having two healers really speeds up recovery time and being able to recover from things like disease and poison. Yeslick is a good choice if you also want a secondary tank (although your party is pretty solid on Fighters already), as well as Jaheira (if you don't mind splitting her from Khalid) who also brings some druidic spells like Entangle, Call Lightning or Summon Insects to the table. Faldorn is a possibility, but if your party is primarily Good-aligned, they may not get along too well with her. (While she's ostensibly Neutral, as a Shadow Druid she definitely has Evil leanings.) There's also Quayle, who as a Illusionist/Cleric can help cover the bases that Dynaheir (who's an Invoker) lacks, but his personality may not appeal to everyone. XD
  • Very_BigSwordVery_BigSword Member Posts: 222
    Since you don't seem too attached to Branwen, and only needing to cover healing/divine casting, consider swapping her for Yeslick. Just remember to remove her from party outside the mine and allow for re-equipping Yeslick as he has no equipment when found. With gauntlets of dexterity, full plate and shield he can be your main tank helped with cleric spell buffs.

Coran can come into the party for sure to cover for Imoen's thieving, and he also has other "useful capabilties".

This party will be super strong, all good aligned and will get along with each other just fine.