Skip to content

Help for dual class thief

Hi guys. I want to make a dual class like as F/T. What is the best kit for fighter, points and weapons to use? Sorry for my bad english.

Comments

• jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    If you are only taking the character through BG1, you would typically choose berserker and would dual at either 3rd or 7th level depending on how much patience you have. As for weapons you could go with long swords, daggers, or staves.

If you are going through the entire BG saga, you would typically choose either berserker or kensai and would dual at 7th, 9th, or 13th level depending on how much patience you have. Long swords and staves would remain solid weapon choices but you'd also add katanas to the mix because of a strong katana that is available in the early part of BG2.
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    edited February 2020
    If you go kensai there are some good throwing daggers and axes. My favourite picks are daggers for throwing, and staves for attacking from behind a tank and backstabbing. Very good staves can be found very early in BG (+3) and in the BG2 (+4) and the best staff in the trilogy hits hard and is great for backstabbing. Daggers and staves also gives you two types of damage so you can take out the different types of golem.

As you get to grand master, which takes a lot of points, you only really get to focus on two weapon types so you need to think carefully about what works across the trilogy. I would avoid katanas which are only really good in SoA. Axes are a solid choice from late BG1 onwards. Longswords are good until late SoA/ToB but then sort of decline.
  • ShangerooShangeroo Member Posts: 84
    If you’re going full saga I’d recommend the kensai over the bezerker because you get better synergy with the Kai ability and back stab. Don’t worry about not having armor because there is the shield amulet until you get UAI and then it won’t matter. Plus with the kensai you should be able to get speed factor of 0 with your chosen weapon so can easily hit and run, making armor class less important.

When to dual depends on how you want to start SOA. I recommend to dual at 9 so you can get 9/11 by the end of SOD and you’re ready to go at the beginning of SOA. You can dual at 13 but will need some careful planning on when to turn in major quests to level the thief up to 14.