Skip to content

The amazing adventures of Peter the Zombie Rabbit

Extracts from the Journal of Elmor Greyhair, Necromancer (True Neutral).

[...] after we left Candlekeep we were ambushed and my dear master Gorion was killed. Although he always refused to teach me the Dark Arts, he was kind enough to train me in magic and let me page through the forbidden books in the Library. He must surelay have known that I sometimes dared to explore the Catacombs with Imoen, but never said anything. Now he is dead, and I wish I would be strong enough to resurrect him.

[...] Imoen and I met a strange pair, a halfling who seems to be quite the bully, and a mage who claims to know the Dark arts. How exciting ! Imoen is not so excited, but I really want to learn from him.

[...] I was a bit disappointed. Xzar was a bit of an impostor. He knew a couple of spells, but certainly was not who he claimed to be. We parted way after he tried to show me how to make a zombie from a squirrel that Montaron (the halfling bully) had killed. It was an utter failure, and I accepted Imoen's advice to leave them.

[...] killed a crazy cleric named Bassilus. A pity, because he seemed to have known a lot about the Dark arts. But Kagain wouldn't hear anything - he knew about the huge bounty that the Lathander priest was offering and did not want to miss any chances in gaining it.

[...] was ambushed by a mage at the entrance of the Friendly Arm Inn. He seemed to have been a Necromancer as well. Well, perhaps Gorion was right and this school of magic just attracts crazy and dangerous people ...

[...] Nimbul did not resist to Shar-Teel's assaults. She simply hacked him in a couple of seconds. I found an interesting scroll in his bag, and I casted the spell which invokes a Familiar. I do not know what I expected, but cetainly not a white rabbit. And to be honest, not so nice, a bit grumpy and egoistic...I named him Peter.

[...] Viconia has joined our party. For me the equation was simple : a beautiful woman in distress, and particularly a drow from the Underdark, she surely knows secrets about the Dark arts. For Shar-Teel the equation was simpler : a woman threatened by a Flaming Fist Mercenary = hacking the poor guy.

[...] Viconia is bright... and beautiful. I hope that one day, who knows... but for the moment she is very haughty and scornful. But I admire her, she already knows how to animate dead ! I am far away from this knowledge ... she laughed at me when I asked her how to do it and told me that I should train with my ridiculous rabbit.

[...] arrived in Baldur's Gate. I bought a scroll which explain how to animate deads. But it is still too complicated for me.

[...] Met two crazy necromancers, Arkion and Nemphre. We found a corpse for the former and he showed me how to create a zombie from it. Hopefully Imoen was not in the surroundings, she would have been mad at me. She was busy talking with people at the Guild where she made good friends .... Arkion told me to try with a small animal. Peter was really getting on my nerves and I decided to sacrifice him, even if I knew that I could suffer from it. Arkion told me not to worry - thanks to the process of zombification, I would not lose any strength.
So we did it, and I succeeded ! My first animated dead. Peter the Zombie Rabbit !bxs8s8wdzfvq.jpg

[...] Imoen was crazy at me. Hopefully I helped a halfling find her son and give to him an amulet and she was happy about it... Viconia mocked me of course.

[...] We entered into an Inn and suddenly some loony Paladin attacked us, even if we had just left the Flaming Fist compound after receiving the congratulations of Scar.He attacked us "just because he felt evil" in our party... well to be honest, I would not say he was wrong but it seems to me we do more good than wrongs, but this blondie loghead would not hear anything. Then Peter got suddenly out of my bag and tore him down. It was pretty impressive to be honest and even Viconia was impressed by his prowess. Who knows who will be next in the list ?

55wacumy3qd2.png

PS: Thanks to @StummvonBordwehr for the idea
PPS: to be followed soon ...

Comments

• ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    I foresee a torrid (if one-sided) love affair with Hexxat in your future. ;)