Skip to content

downloaded headpack from vault and dont know which folder and how exactly to add it to modules

BelgarBelgar Member Posts: 2
edited March 2020 in Technical Support
Hi everyone !

i recently downloaded this one here:
https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwnee/hakpak/original-hakpak/3d-dafenas-definitive-heads

and I would like to ask you 2 questions.

1. which folder do i need to put them in ? in steam /steamapps /common/neverwinter nights/data/hk ?????
or do i have to put it in documents/neverwinter nights/hak ??????
(I already put the shader file into the hak file with nwnhak as instructed by neverwinter vault)

2. how exactly do i add hak files to modules of the story and other modules? can you please help me step by step so that i am able to follow ? where are the differences between nwn story modules and others? where do i have to handle it differently?
i downloaded the nwn mod installer tool from the vault but still i dont know how exactly to use it. can you please describe both ways?

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    edited March 2020
    It's more reliable to put .hak files in the .hak folder of documents. NIT will do that for you.

To add a hak to a module in the toolset, use the Module Properties > Custom Content tab (see Toolset manual, available on the Vault).

Have a look at the author's comments on the Vault page concerning the head number range and possible need for scripting. The author is active, so you may get a better answer by asking on that page.

To add a hak, or otherwise modify an official campaign, find its .nwm file wherever Steam has hidden it, copy it to a .mod file in the modules folder of Documents, then proceed as above.