Skip to content

help my save is bugged small teeth pass and north forest crash at loading location

In my LP http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/18412/silent-let-s-play-bg2-insane-tactics-scsii-mods-uploading-every-day i can not go to those places small teeth pass and north forest because the game crashes. My first thought was it is bugged because of mods so i installed fresh bg+tob+patch and i still can't go there.

problem when i try to go there the game crashes in a middle of loading

i have other save game with other party and they can go fine to both places. How can i fix this?

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    A lot of variables with that many mods. Can you upload the flawed save directory?
    zur312
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    try deleting your cache folder and load the save without mods.
    zur312
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    edited August 2013
    my save

now i had real error still with mods and my bugged save
    "An Assertion failed in InFScreenWorldMap.cpp at line number 3065 Programmer says: Bad Area file, in area "AR1700" need entry point "CDExit"."
    Amberion said:

try deleting your cache folder and load the save without mods.

tried and still does the same

this is really weird because my secondary save(other party) can go there and even mods are working i have tactics improved small teeth and scsii everything was fine
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    By the assertion, the game looks at the worldmap and sees that AR1700.are should have an entrance point called "CDExit", but apparently it doesn't and the game doesn't like that, no, sir.
    The worldmap is stored in your save, from very early in the game, so it's entirely possible for this issue to affect one line of saves but not another, for example, if you made changes to your mod stack between the save that is not working and the save that is working. "CDExit" is part of the Fixpack.
    zur312
    edited August 2013
    i tried save2 on both and it is working fine
    The save you uploaded loads both areas fine here, so there doesn't seem to be a corrupted file in it.
    zur312
    edited August 2013
    what? you mean you can go to those areas without errors with my save?

well i don't know what to do
    Well I didn't fully explore them, but I can travel to them fine. I removed North Forest from the save anyway - check if Small Teeth Pass (AR1700) is on your override and delete it if so, and then try again with this save.
    zur312
    Shin said:

Well I didn't fully explore them, but I can travel to them fine. I removed North Forest from the save anyway - check if Small Teeth Pass (AR1700) is on your override and delete it if so, and then try again with this save.

no ar1700 file in override folder but can play from this save, still this error in small teeth :(
    North Forest works now? Not sure what could be wrong with Small Teeth Pass.
    zur312
    Try uploading your save that works and I'll see if I can fix the broken one.
    zur312
    edited August 2013
    this one works

also thanks man for your work!
    This is rather odd, the file that works for you gives me the same kind of error you describe and crashes my game. It has a lot less entries than the one that breaks your game. Nonetheless, I've tried two kinds of fixes, see if either one works.
    zur312
    edited August 2013
    test1.rar

"An Assertion failed in CWorldMap.cpp at line number 579" error
    in tobex it looks like this

"TobEx: Throne of Bhaal Extender build 0.23.2.12 (Sat 17 Aug
    ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x65DF80 File: CWorldMap.
    ion: nLink < m_pData[nMap].m_nLinks Message: (null)"

test2 works great! thanks man! You are magician!
    Shin
  • AdamPisaniAdamPisani Member Posts: 4
    I'm having a similar issue, and am rather stuck. Previous playthrough, I ran with ALMOST all the mods I currently have installed, and loaded the forest areas fine. This time through I added the G3 BG2 Tweakpack v14, Amber NPC mod, Valen NPC mod, Haerdalis Romance, and Wheels of Prophecy (the ToB mod). Now I get the crash upon half-load of small teeth pass, forest of tethir, or north forest. I wouldn't mind if it was just small teeth and the north forest, but Tethir is rather story important, and I can't seem to load it, with or without mods.

I loaded a save from my previous playthrough, with all the new mods installed, and I was able to travel in the forest maps without any problems. No idea what you did for zur here, but any chance you can help me out?
  • AdamPisaniAdamPisani Member Posts: 4
    More recent file, as I played some more last night.

• ThanatosZeroThanatosZero Member Posts: 17
    I have the exact same problems. All three wild areas crash during the loading sequence. If I only would know how to solve this problem with NearInfinity.
  • I don't know if there's anyone still active on this thread but I have the exact same problem. All of the forest areas you gain access to in chapter 6 plus the Underdark Exit cause my game to freeze up and I have to close it via the task manager when I try to access them. The weird thing is that I was able to exit into the Underdark exit when I left the Underdark at the end of chapter 5 but now that I want to go back to deliver the Lanthorn, it freezes my game.

Also, I am using the widescreen mod and the tweak pack. That said, I do not have the option that lets me access the forest areas early so there shouldn't be a problem. I honestly don't know what the issue is. I've included a copy of my save so if anyone can fix this or tell me how to, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    i am not able to help you but
    bump
    maybe some other player can.