Skip to content

Regarding Gandolar Luckyfoot at Gullykin

On dudleyville, it says there is a dialogue option to pay 100 gold to stomp through all the houses, that plus Gandolar's dialogue "and in return, a gift from us you shall receive. Keep whatever you find as well", I thought it means I can raid all the storages and not be called a thief. But this doesn't seem to be the case?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I don't recall that ever being a thing.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    well he did say, they MAY allow entry, so i guess that doesn't apply to everyone?

kind of a cop out to be honest, its kind of funny, after all the years i've played this game, i never knew that was an option till i dug i little deep, who knew :)
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    ThacoBell wrote: »

It's not--though it didn't matter in oBG since there was no scripting to ever get caught stealing in Gullykin. BGEE fixes the bug.
  • FQVBSinaFQVBSina Member Posts: 39
    CamDawg wrote: »

It's not--though it didn't matter in oBG since there was no scripting to ever get caught stealing in Gullykin. BGEE fixes the bug.

ah. Damn EE puts in additional guards. I suppose if I fight them the town turns on me then?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    FQVBSina wrote: »
    CamDawg wrote: »

ah. Damn EE puts in additional guards. I suppose if I fight them the town turns on me then?

ironically those guards were actually in BG 1 vanilla, its just that they were not scripted to appear, that is what the EEs fixed

and yeah i would suggest not killing them since they will drop your REP

but its not all doom and gloom, just like every other break in, in the game, you just need to get in, pause quickly, steal the goodies, and then get out quickly before they appear

anytime you "summon" guards from stealing you usually have a round to get out of there, and if you left fast enough the guards wont be there when you come back, and you can even go back to the same container and it wont summon guards ( since the script only goes off once )