Skip to content

1.80 Bug Strenght at creation PC

At the Creation of the character once passed the value 11 no longer goes back. If you don't touch it you can stay at 8 quietly. In other versions I have never encountered this behavior.

7x1v58b78uuo.png

On other Stat it behaves normally.

Thanks in advance for reply.

TsiZ

Comments

• KamirynKamiryn Member Posts: 74
    edited March 2020
    Same for me. Impossible to decrease strength if its value is lower equal 11. Seems somehow related to classes. Fighter, rogue, barbarian, monk can't decrease strength while bard, druid, ranger, wizard, cleric, sorcerer and paladin can. Looks like only non-spellcaster are affected. Apparently the bug is related to unhardcoding spell casting (for non-spellcasters the engine thinks STR (=ability 0) is the spell-casting ability which cannot be below 11).

[edit]If you edit column 'SpellcastingAbil' in classes.2da you can change the behaviour, i.e., you could make rogues to have the bug with dexterity rather than strength. Unfortunately you can't make the bug disappear because it seems invalid entries always default to STR.[/edit]
    Post edited by Kamiryn on
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    Change your ruleset.2da
    CHARGEN_BASE_ABILITY_MIN_PRIMARY row to 8
  • Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
    I've confirmed on my end as well. Has this been reported to the Service Desk?
  • GrymlordeGrymlorde Member Posts: 121
    Yes it has.
  • TsiZTsiZ Member Posts: 6