Skip to content

Trapped in the Underdark with the Mind Flayers

I am stuck in the Mind Flayer Lair in the Underdark, I have been for the past 20 days. I used the circlets to charm the Flayers from the blood pool room, but they wont open the last two north doors. Turning into the Slayer allows me to open them, but then the game kills me, and ends. How do I get out? Very frustrated.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    They should be able to open the last couple doors, the circlets don't last very long, so its a bit of a race. The Slayer option works too, make sure to change back immiendiately after opening the doors though. You'll continue to take damage each round you're transformed, and it ramps up.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    also, you actually *dont* need to use the charm bracelets for the mind flayers to open the 2 doors that are needed ( you just need to know which 2 doors require a mind flayer/ the slayer to open )

so want you can do is; is take out the groups until you have one mind flayer left and then whoever that flayer is attacking have it follow that character and you can just make that character walk up to the door and as long as the flayer is close to it, it will open ( this is a little trickier with the door that summons the githyanki but pretty easy to do with the door that leads to the elder brain since there are so many in that room before it )
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    As an aside, hold onto those circlets. They essentially cast dire charm, and can be very useful outside of the Underdark.