Skip to content

Wizard Slayer Rebalancing for BG:EE and BGII:EE

13»

Comments

• touphertoupher Member Posts: 1
    Damn I need to start over to make it work?

Can't do that. :(
  • DoxyDoxy Member Posts: 25
    Does this mod still work on current BG2 EE v2.5.16.6?
  • CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
    edited February 2020
    If I install this, does it 'overwrite' the vanilla Wizard Slayer?

Edit: Oops, guess it doesn't matter. The download link is to SHS, and guess who is down again?
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    Just did a fresh EET install this morning and can confirm that for some reason the game keeps the original kit description at character creation and in the record screen, but in reality the new mod is in effect. So it does work, just doesn't display right. Just in case this helps anyone.
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    I am preparing an EET install and looking for a mod to improve the Wizard Slayer Kit because the vanilla kit is not really appealing (in my opinion). I do like what this mod brings to the Wizard Slayer.

I have been doing some investigations:

1/ This mod is listed in the EET compatibility list

2/ The WSR kit description at character creation and in the record screen are well implemented.

2/ Concerning HLAs and Refinements.

- I read from the SHS forum that : "If you intend to use this mod alongside Refinements, a specific install order must be followed. The kit revision component of this mod should be installed before Refinements while its High Level Ability revision component should go after Refinements."

- I don't know is this is the right load order. Does anyone can confirm this ?

3/ Item restrictions

The following items don't seem to be included in the "moderate changes" component :
    - Oil of Fiery Burning (it's chemical, not magical)
    - Potion of Explosions (same as above)
    - Amulet of the Seldarine (gives MR)
    - Ring of Gaxx (same as above)

Does anyone know how to add them to the "usable" item list ?

4/ Synergy with Relieve Wizard Slayer mod ( https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/68377/kit-revision-relieve-wizard-slayer-v1-7-iwdee-eet-bgee-bg2ee )

- From the forum mod, this mod is compatible with WSR and should be installed after WSR
    - If you install it after WSR it will overwrite the WSR kit description (but the WSR kit effects are still working)

• VWoodVWood Member Posts: 15
    The download link no longer functions. Perhaps that website is down.

Does anyone have a link to a download that works, or can someone perhaps post the mod in the thread?
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 495
    VWood wrote: »
    The download link no longer functions. Perhaps that website is down.

Does anyone have a link to a download that works, or can someone perhaps post the mod in the thread?
    I don't have it, but as an alternative there is a wizard slayer rework in the Artisan's Kitpack.
  • testlumtestlum Member Posts: 12
    edited September 2023
    This mod is also hosted on Github.

https://github.com/aVENGER981/Wizard-Slayer-Rebalancing

EDIT: Though I'm actually not sure whether the Github version is EE compatible.
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    testlum wrote: »
    This mod is also hosted on Github.

https://github.com/aVENGER981/Wizard-Slayer-Rebalancing

EDIT: Though I'm actually not sure whether the Github version is EE compatible.

What do I do once I'm in github? There's multiple files, but I don't see a download button