Skip to content

Tales of Arterra game breaking cutscene bug

megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
this has been brought up on the vult but as this is specific to the enhanced edition i thought it should be brought up here as well

so for the most part this module is very much playable in the ee expect for one issue
during part 2 of awakening you lose your companions. what is supposed to happen is you watch them die and then re recruit them when you go to the after life. but this cutscene does not play properly. your companions don't show up in the cut scene where they are supposed to die as such you can't meet them when you go to the hells.

this is a huge issue. and i'm not sure what is casing it.

Comments

• rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
    edited March 2020
    Edit: I was barking up the wrong tree. It's not that the database doesn't get created, but it's immediately deleted once the next module starts. So... who knows... (Very sad.)

Wow, that took *forever* to confirm for myself.. what can I say, I'm a sucker for punishment.

Okay, the function that should be running at the end of chapter 1 looks like this:

const string DB_NAME = "TOA_AWAKENING";

void CopyAllHenchmen(object oPlayer)
    {
    int i = 1;
    object oHench = GetAssociate(ASSOCIATE_TYPE_HENCHMAN, oPlayer, i);
    while (GetIsObjectValid(oHench) == TRUE)
    {
    StoreCampaignObject(DB_NAME, "Henchmen" + IntToString(i), oHench, oPlayer);
    i++;
    oHench = GetAssociate(ASSOCIATE_TYPE_HENCHMAN, oPlayer, i);
    }
    // * if at least one henchman store the number of them
    if (i - 1 > 0)
    {
    SetCampaignInt(DB_NAME, "NumberofHenches", i - 1, oPlayer);
    }
    }

However!!, No Database gets created in the database directory. Can anyone spot what is wrong? I can't find any documentation on StoreCampaignObject. But SetCampaignInt should, if nothing else, be creating a Database file?
    Post edited by rashkae on
    edited March 2020
    I have created a,,, sort of fix, that will at least make the game playable. Interested parties can message me. It seems as though all the variables transfer between modules properly, (romance status, reputation with npcs, dragons killed, etc.)

So all I've done is deleted the pieces of the script that removes missing henchmen, and transfers their inventory to the chests.

As a consequnece, all 3 npcs will be captured with you, even if you did not recruit or bring them. Furthermore, non-default inventory items they are carrying or equipped will be lost.

I think both of these are... very minor. Hopefully, someone will figure out a proper fix, or find out what broke when nwn upgraded to sqllite,, (I'm assuming this is when Arterra broke,, I know it used to work in previous EE versions.)

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    edited March 2020
    i hope beam dog fixes this. whatever they did when they upgraded to sqlite broke a ton of fan module scripts.

edit: if you have a fix it could be best t add it to the thred for the time being.
    edited March 2020
    I would, but I don't know what kind of minefield I would have to navigate to re-post Kevin's module here, or as as an external file link on a vault comment. (As I'm sure you've seen, one of the vault mods has included my fix for Part 1 of Arterra previously. That one, however, was 100% fixed, whereas this is an ugly workaround.)