Skip to content

Lisa’s Clothes Horse HotU Padded Problem [Fixed]

TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
Lisa’s Clothes Horse HotU Padded (sorry no link as these forums can't handle a valid apostrophe in an address) adds a load of new clothing options to NwN via separate body parts. This means you can mix and match to create new clothes. It also contains plt files for the graphics which means you can alter the colours of these clothes to suit whatever clothing scheme you want. I have previously used this hak to create a gentleman’s tartan kilt in response to a request.

The problem that I have encountered is that apart from the heads this content (and there is a lot of it, I looked in the hak) is no longer showing in game for me. Instead the rest of the body parts only have the three default choices.

I am on a completely up to date version Windows 10 64 bit but it has also been reported to by a person on a mac who accesses the toolset via wine. This occurs for me on the current retail build of NwN direct from BD (haven’t tested it on the development branch). I also have all the DLC Premium modules. Both my override and development folders are empty. I do not use any patch haks.

I have run verify game through the BD client. Although it said it had found a tiny error of 2.3 mb, once corrected my problem with Lisa’s Clothes Horse HotU Padded still persisted. Incidentally, the download of this tiny amount of data downloaded excruciatingly slowly. At 2kb to 12kb a second this was akin to a dialup connection and about 1/2000 of the speed I would normally expect. I have also verified that the hak was not corrupted by comparing a fresh download of the hak against the one that I have in my hak folder. These files were identical. I used the file compare plug-in for notepad++ to do this. I have followed the instructions in the readme that comes as part of this package –

1. Create a new module.
2. Open the module properties
3. Select Custom Content tab
4. Select the Lisasclothes168 hak
5. Import the accessories erf
6. Save module
7. Close module
8. Reopen module
9. Create a human creature using the creature wizard
10. At end of the create creature, check the open creature properties checkbox
11. Set to female with 1 level of commoner
12. set commoner faction
13. Select Appearance tab

Any ideas what I have done wrong (if anything)? If not, would someone with a similar setup to me, be willing to see if they can duplicate this problem, please. Just follow the steps I mention above and let me know if you have the same problem or not.

Thanks

TR
Post edited by TarotRedhand on

Comments

• AncarionAncarion Member Posts: 155
    I just tested the hak on a new module, and everything seems to be working as expected. I'm not really sure of your intent with step 13 - the hak doesn't add any base body parts, but does provide more clothing options that you can access by customizing an existing piece of clothing/armor, or by making a new one from scratch. All the robes etc show up for me in the item wizard. The erf you reference adds a few things like umbrellas, which also show up in the palette for me.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    It actually adds about a dozen or so new heads. That was what threw me. I was trying to do clothing in the wrong place. Here is the result of a quick play in the right place. Uses one of the custom heads too. Thank you for taking the time.

1qptrbs4nej0.png

TR