Skip to content

NWN:EE crash on startup..

MuksisMuksis Member Posts: 2
edited April 2020 in Technical Support
Hello,
Since yesterday I started to have a problem running my game. Before that everything was ok. When I press "Play" button on steam it won`t start the game. The button turns to "Cancel", then to "Stop" and then again to "Play".
I followed all your tutorials on how to fix such problems, but to no avail. Yesterday I sat for 4 hours trying to launch the game by reinstalling and updating drivers, windows and all the other software like MS framework, MS Visual C++ Redistributables, Open Al and etc and etc.
I tried to delete NWM folder in documents-achieved nothing.
I`d like to point out one strange thing that I couldn`t locate crash log in the folder that is in the documents.
I reinstalled NWM, I reinstalled Steam-again nothing.
Even though I have just a few games on steam, but they work just fine.
Also I don`t have any mods installed.
My system:
i7-4700MQ
16GB RAM
Integrated VGA-Intel 4600
Seconday VGA-GeForce GTX 980M
Windows 8.1 64bit
Please help. I`m miserable and don`t know what to do.. :'(

Comments

• MuksisMuksis Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2020
    I got it working.. :o
    I guess because I was so tired I missed a few words from your step by step tutorial and made a mistake by incorrectly installing OpenAl. I missed the part that the installation setup MUST BE IN THE DIRECTORY with nwmain.exe
    If you install it from desktop it won`t work.
    Soooo yeah. Stupid me. :| This thread can be deleted, or it can be left as a lesson/warning to people like me.
    On the other hand I can now thank the people who are behind the resurrection of this wonderful game.
    THANK YOU-Keep up the good work! :)
    Post edited by Muksis on