Skip to content

Everquest to NWN!

acidchalkacidchalk Member Posts: 70

I just finished all of the woodelf heads and made their plts. I want to do all of their armor next.
pscytheTonden[Deleted User]Mirandel

Comments

• MadHatterMadHatter Member Posts: 145
    !
  • acidchalkacidchalk Member Posts: 70
    edited July 2018

I'm having the hardest time getting these helmets to not be so faceted ugh. Normally on maya i'd average the normals but in 3dsmax no matter what i do they come out faceted. Mind you that it has inside and outside faces lined up so its not see through from the inside. If anyone has any clue of an easy fix i'd love to hear it as i'm working on lots of the stuff.
  • T0R0T0R0 Member Posts: 86
    In max, you want to use smoothing groups.
    Zwerkules
    Oh i kind of sort of remember how to mess with those in max hehe. It's been what over a decade since i've last messed with nwn stuff on max hehe thanks for the insight.

All fixed, Thanks toro! Now to learn how to make tilesets so i can make keletin =p
  • TondenTonden Member Posts: 223
    I have to say that I just love creating tilesets. It takes a lot of time but I have to say it can be a lot of fun.

look at this guy lol
  • MadHatterMadHatter Member Posts: 145
    This is super cool @acidchalk . You're giving me flashbacks.

Is the workflow pretty easy to port EQ1 stuff into NWN?
    Kind of. Ninjarip dumps stuff out in its bind pose or tries to but the old stuffs bind pose is a jumbled up mess. For the unique monsters and such i have to sit there and untangle the vertices as best i can until i can come up with a way to at least rip them as they show up on the game while i'm playing. But for the races like the wood elves, their stuff was skin tight so i'm just applying the skin to existing nwn body parts. This is a picture of a half finished woodelf merchant / banker npc. after i finish applying all of his eq textures to the body i'll make a plt for it and make it something you can wear. After he's done i'll have a set of mdl pieces with the uv's conformed to fit the woodelf textures and from there i should be able to churn out tons of npcs and guards etc and make all of their stuff colorable and wearable. I'm slowly relearning all of this stuff myself as it's been over a decade.
    pscythe

finally relearned flex and the everquest female woodelf heads will be in
    dTd

also this guy
    shadguyzunathKepp
  • SurekSurek Member Posts: 9
    Just wanted to say thank you, I loved EQ Keep up the great work.
    I've been busy with other projects but i always come back to this from time to time.

Most recently i made these 2 chairs. One is from Tower of Frozen Shadow and the other is from acrylia caverns.

Also i did this mummy and his scepter.

dTdOldTimeRadio
  • KeppKepp Member Posts: 44
    The orc is awesome! Crushbone nostalgia!
    I've not touched this project much but recently i tried my hand at tiles and have been working on making a tileset for Cabilis.

Daijin_HeartlightOldTimeRadio