Skip to content

Anyone killed Saladrex solo monk?

I run Solo Dark Moon Monk now and all was fine untill now. Saladrex trash me. Iam at ToB now . Has max level of 40th. Quivering palm dont work and he always save from it and then kill me. Quite hard to lay hit on him too. (I play on Switch console so no mods)

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Monks can use fighter only potions and you can use a scroll to protect yourself from whatever element his breath is (I can't remember offhand). Hardiness would help too if you have it.
  • MichelleMichelle Member Posts: 549
    Monk is my least favorite class so it has been a while. There was a time that a monk could use wands and I would stack Cloudkill and run around until it was dead. The biggest problem is his resistance to fire, stupid wurm. Yep, I have no respect for any dragon in the game except for Abazigal, the rest are wurms. His breath is fire and can be easily mitigated with equipment or potions + scrolls. Use buff potions, Ras and every other item summon, Scarlet Ninja-to, Greater Whirlwind and go to town. Hardiness is recommended as well. You might need some heeling potions or Rod of Resurrection but the poison will down him before too long. My biggest problem with monks is their inability to use staves, I mean come on! Really?!? It’s a monk!! Staff of Fire elementals are a wonderful summons for every other class but not the monk. Seriously?

Can you tell I am not fond of monks?
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    Quivering palm dont work and he always save from it and then kill me.
    ToB dragons have way better saving throws then the SoA ones, everything that is save or else has to be helped by doom and greater malison to work and even so the success is not guaranteed, being it a special class ability like the palm or a regular spell like stone to flesh.

My biggest problem with monks is their inability to use staves, I mean come on! Really?!? It’s a monk!!
    yes it is the sad truth, monks are completely unable to use staves, like this video shows...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxucIZYyFrc
    ;):D

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,318
    In the EE monks can use the same wands as clerics - so cloudkill is out. I can't remember if Saladrex uses dispel. If not you can stack potions of heroism and power to greatly boost your HPs and just melee him to death.

If potions are not reliable, Ras may offer a quick alternative. If you can get Saladrex fixated on the sword, that could provide you with several rounds of uninterrupted attacks - which with GWWs would be sufficient to kill him.

Another alternative would be to use the rat form from the Cloak of the Sewers to boost your physical resistance while you nibble him to death.

The speed of a high-level monk means that it should be possible to also use a sling while you run him in circles. However, I haven't found that a great tactic against dragons. The size of their icons seems to increase buggy behavior with movement and that, combined with the potential impacts from wing buffets makes this a less reliable strategy. However, I only play no-reload and if you're allowing reloads it should be possible to make that work.