Skip to content

Playing a thief party... killing a dragon???

Idk why I like to play rogues. I'm playing a game where I'm trying to do a full rogue party, and I'm finding it almost impossible to kill anything immune to sneak attacks. The dragon instantly causes me to fear.

I'm a level 7 rogue/ level 2 shadowdancer.

Please, any help?

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,283
    Some of the dragons in the OC are a major challenge for rogues.

Obviously, if you can find or buy an item that improves Will or dispels Fear, so much the better.

I tend to hoard traps for these occasions. Hit-and-run missile fire is the last resort.
    In some cases, there is a narrow point in the area which the dragon is too large to enter. You may be able to stand out-of-reach while firing missiles. Tedious, but effective.
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    Never mind, I'm a noob. I forgot about potions of clarity. I beat the dragon no problem.
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    Proleric wrote: »
    Some of the dragons in the OC are a major challenge for rogues.

Obviously, if you can find or buy an item that improves Will or dispels Fear, so much the better.

I tend to hoard traps for these occasions. Hit-and-run missile fire is the last resort.
    In some cases, there is a narrow point in the area which the dragon is too large to enter. You may be able to stand out-of-reach while firing missiles. Tedious, but effective.

Thank you. I'm guessing the game isn't made for a full rogue party for that reason. However, buffing myself with a lot of potions did the trick in the end.

Potions of endurance, speed, bull's str, aid, barkskin ect...
  • 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 367
    The beefed up "save or die" dragon fear always annoyed me in NWN.

It's supposed to make you shaken on a failed save, not panicked. That's a -2 penalty to attacks and saves. Only creatures of 4HD or less become panicked free kills like in NWN.

Doesn't seem like something that would take a long time for Beamdog to fix either. ,-)