Skip to content

Any way to turn off infravision for everyone?

websterr33websterr33 Member Posts: 13
Hello, most of my party are elves, dwarfs and half-somethings. So whoever i select, i cant escape that red glow.

I'm curious Is there a way to turn off infravision for every single character? A line in baldur.lua that i can edit or something like that?

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    You can change the group infravision setting within the game (options / gameplay). Without that enabled you will only get the red glow if a character with infravision is selected. I'm not aware of a way to turn it off for characters that do naturally have infravision though.
  • ZackelZackel Member Posts: 20
    I wish I could turn it off for good too.
    No idea why the game does not have that option ?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    edited April 2020
    so there are two options;

option 1;

go into your .2da files and find the file called RACEFEAT.2da and set all the values to 0

or

option 2;

unzip this file im sending and place it in your over ride folder ( which is just me doing option 1 for you ) and everything should be good to go :)

* the only caveat with this is, it actually disables infravision for all races, so if you need infravision ( for whatever reason ) you will need to use the spell or items to do so
  • websterr33websterr33 Member Posts: 13
    Sarevok, you're amazing. it works like a charm. Thanks a ton.

This community does so much for the game and to help each other that sometimes i feel like i owe it to give back somehow.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    no problem :)