Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Dual Class Issue

I'm having an issue trying to dual class my charname. I have attached a save file. He is an elf, Ranger/Elven Archer kit. I ran eeTweaks to set Dual for Multiracial, but I still can't get the Dual class box to light up. When I try to change it thru eeKeeper it only gives me silly options. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• GrinklesGrinkles Member Posts: 10
    It looks like your Ranger lacks the 17 WIS needed to (legally) dual into a Cleric, which would be the only dual option for a Ranger. (For a list of dual class stat requirements and restrictions, click here.)

If you're interested, you should be able to override this restriction using EEKeeper by doing the following:
    • On the Characteristics tab, set Class as Cleric/Ranger
    • Check the Dual Class checkbox
    • Set Original Class as Ranger
    • Next to Kit, click Set Value
    • Choose Archer from the dropdown box and press OK
    • Manually set your original Racial Enemy if it is blank
    • On the Abilities tab, set Levels from 8/0/0 to 0/8/0
    • Save and load your game
    • Attempt to "level up" to Cleric Level 1 and see if it worked

Note that your Ranger is already Level 8 and won't be able to reattain his Ranger abilities in BGEE unless you either remove the experience cap with a mod or plan on going further in the saga (i.e., Siege of Dragonspear and/or BG2EE).

I'm not able to load your save file due to mod conflicts and had to rely on what I see in EEKeeper, so hopefully the above info is still relevant!

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,589
    also note that legally a ranger needs to have a minimum of 15; STR/DEX/WIS to be able to dual class, then as Grinkles said, you will need 17 to dual into cleric

• BloodstoneBloodstone Member Posts: 99
    Thanks guys that resolved it. Appreciate the help.

sarevok57