Skip to content

Quick fix for Free Action?

So I've finally returned to playing BG2 after about 2 years (wow, that feels really long now), trying SCS this time, and I encountered a problem about which I had almost forgotten, the fact that Free Action doesn't allow you to Haste your characters (yeah, Keldorn's armour making him lag behind the party). I know there's a fix in CDTweaks that changes that so you can still cast Haste on them, but I really don't want to spend another 5-6 hours having to reinstall SCS all over. Is there a quick way to change the Free Action spell or effect file or whatever, so I can just put it into my override folder and be done with it?

Comments

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    as you want to have the free action fix override every possible change made by other mods it is probably safe to install the fix after scs and the other mods.
    as i am not completely sure of it i suggest you to to first make a backup of the whole game main folder then to give it a try, if it works you are done, other way you have a backup to revert to the present situation in no time.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    This old mod works fine for me in the EE.