Skip to content

Did anyone try Gavin npc mod? Did you enjoy it?

ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
Was looking for some opinions around.

Comments

• kimmuryielkimmuryiel Member Posts: 89
    this might be unnecessary now as you may have decided to play through it yourself to find out....

I've played it once or twice through SoA. It can be a bit buggy in BG1 with a subrace mod that leaves that space blank, and the sex 'scenes' in SoA can be a little *ahem* descriptive. But it is one of the few romances that can go through the entire series (I THINK there's ToB content, but I can't remember off the top of my head. Last I remember (from a couple years ago), ToB content was available but in beta stage.)

Overall, I think it's a good mod (disclaimer: I'm not especially hard to please). It's not my favorite, but it's good
  • AngulimalaAngulimala Member Posts: 82
    Adding my opinion for the benefit of others who might search the forums for information on this mod.

Gavin, like Kelsey, seems to be an "ordinary person" who happens to have an adventurer class. I found him to be like a coworker coming along in my adventuring party (he reminds me of someone I used to know). This wasn't great for me. I play games to get away from "ordinary people." I want fantastical people in my adventuring party: bloodthirsty berserkers, plane walking bards, sometimes even a werewolf. The npcs I prefer can have family problems (most do) but those family problems and worldly opinions don't define their character. Gavin is a regular guy who also happens to be an adventurer.

That opinion aside, it is worth noting I did NOT play BG2 Gavin. BG1 Gavin obviously had a lot of hard work put into him, and if BG2 Gavin continued that trend, I imagine the quality is very high. If you like regular dudes in your adventuring company, take him along.