Skip to content

Allocating points beyond 18

Hello

I know that at character creation, you cannot go beyond 18. But each time you level up, you get to allocate one attribute point to TNO. Do you get to allocate points beyond 18 when you level up so that you can max out (25) your main character by the end of the game?

Comments

• ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    It's been quite a long time since I played PS:T, but I believe you can advance points beyond 18 during level-up, yes.
  • Gamey_JamieGamey_Jamie Member Posts: 22
    Hey yeah you can raise stats all the way to 25 which is godlike attributes. I don't think there is a level cap in the game so theoretically you could have 25's across the board but that would take a LOT of grinding (probably in the modron maze or undersigil). Some items you'll pick up will boost stats but not beyond the 25 ceiling I think.
  • Jeanbambois1988Jeanbambois1988 Member Posts: 5
    Thank you Gamey_Jamie! Helps a lot planning my fighter build.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Just keep in mind that maxing the number of level-up points you receive over the course of the game requires a high wisdom (which increases incoming XP = more frequent level ups).

Also, in case you are not aware, level-ups to strength when you are at 18 bump you up one percentile "category" instead of taking you all the way to 19. However strength bonuses you receive from any other source, such as a tattoo or the 7th/13th level specialization awards, jump directly from 18 to 19. Ordinarily on a fighter you would set your starting strength to 18, then focus on wisdom to get a better XP multiplier, then start maxing STR once a specialization bonus takes your strength from 18 to 19.
  • Jeanbambois1988Jeanbambois1988 Member Posts: 5
    I have planned for this indeed as I read it in some faqs, so I already have 18 str at level 9 (at level 12, it will be automatically be bumped to 19, skipping several tiers of strength 18/XX).

My wisdom was almost maxed out at character creation, I just allocated some points in constitution and strength early on for convenience sake (avoiding being too squishy in the hive).