Skip to content

Method for Installing Mods on Mac

LookToWindwardLookToWindward Member Posts: 179
Hi,

I've manage to install a couple of mods using some instructions I was given in another post and I installed NTotSC V3.1.1 using the "Mac Weidu Launcher". Basically this method I just copied "Mac Weidu Launcher" and the Weidu tool into the game folder once, then when installing a mod, copy the Mod folder into the game folder and made sure there was a corresponding .tp2 file with the same name as the folder, e.g.

GameFolder
Mac_Weidu_Launcher_v7
weido
SomeCoolMod (Folder)
SomeCoolMod.tp2

I then ran the Mac_Weidu_Launcher_v7, which would display a list of mods in the game folder and allow you to Install/Uninstall.

However it seems that NTotSC V3.2.0 and SCS uses a different method. For instance in the NTotSC 3.2.0 folder I have the following files:

osx-ntotsc-v3-2-0 Folder:
setup-ntotsc
setup-ntotsc.command

ntotsc Subfolder:
ntotsc.ini
ntotsc.tp2
weidu_osx
weidu_unix

What is the weidu_osx file for? Do I needs to run this instead of just weidu for this mod (or all mods? or what?). Can I just copy the ntotsc.tp2 into the game folder and use the normal Mac_Weidu_Launcher_v7 and weido apps that I used before?

I also noticed that SCS (Sword Coast Stratagems) has the same setup, except there are no weidu_osx/weidu_unix app files, sane questions for this.

I'm confused, any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Dave

Comments

• HemingbaeHemingbae Member Posts: 19
    I don't know about Ntotsc but I installed SCS with the method yu describe. Move everything to the BG folder and use the Weidu launcher to start the installation.
  • LookToWindwardLookToWindward Member Posts: 179
    Cool, I've did the same with NTotSC and it worked ok. I'll try SCS one of these days, it sounds great!