Skip to content

bg1 character transfer from gatekeeper

tweaks34tweaks34 Member Posts: 11
i am using bg1 and gatekeeper. made a load of modded character files in gatekeeper and they look good.
but, i have no idea how to get them to show up in the bg1 game. i mean showing up such as gold, xp, stats etc.
adjusted a bit. how do i move the modded stuff into my load file in bg1?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    are you playing bg1 vanilla? or bg1 ee?

if you are playing bg1 ee then you should be using EE keeper, not gate keeper

my guestamation is that gatekeeper will only work properly for bg1 vanilla

also, usually when you save your game file with a keeper they will save it as something different

for ex;

if you game file name is called; Baldur's gate game

and you open it up in a keeper and do you stuff and save, it will actually save your game as;
    Baldur's gate game (Edited0001)

or something like that

• tweaks34tweaks34 Member Posts: 11
    i cannot find gate game(Edited0001) any where in the game load screen on bg1.
    (bg 1 download from oceanofgames). the adjusted stuff just is not there( on bg1 i.e needed for adjusting gold, xp etc.).
    i am running bg1 download from internet (oceanofgames). i also have bg ee, bg ee looks good as well.
    another program you could try using is sword coast keeper, it is a more advanced version of gatekeeper and that program will give you the game(Edited0001) saves

its been almost 10 years since i've played vanilla, and i remember back in the day using gatekeeper for quick edits and never had problems, so i dont know why it wouldn't be working now

so my only suggestion at this point is to try and use sword coast keeper and see if that works better

if not, you could always just play the EE instead and use EE keeper
    can i use bg ee with eekeeper? must be a way of getting information onto bg ee from eekeeper?
    how do i get character profiles onto bg ee?
    well ee keeper was made for bg ee, bg2 ee and iwd ee so yes

with ee keeper you will need to go into settings and set the game directory where you game is installed, and set the directory where your games are saved

after you set those 2 things you should be good to go.