Skip to content

Full HP on level up (bug?)

Hello,

Every time I level up my characters get full HP (as if the option "full hp on lvl up" is selected in the option tab). However, I do not have the options selected and I'm not playing on the easiest mode which gives full HP on level up.

I suspect something is wrong... What can I do to correct this? I want to have a random amount of HP every level up.

Thanks!

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Both "Easy" and "Normal" difficulties will also give you that automatic full HP. You need to go up to "Core Rules" or beyond for actual HP rolls to come into play.

The same is true for spell scribing; it's an automatic success at anything below core, and the random chances come into play at core and above.

Since leveling up or learning spells is an activity that can happen while paused and is usually done out of combat, you can easily adjust the difficulty as desired for them. Just make sure to remember to set the difficulty back to whatever you play at when you're done.
  • MWOMWO Member Posts: 214
    edited May 2020
    AHA! I've found another tweak about the "improved" settings.

Unfortunately, it seems that you'll always get full hp on level up (or character creation). However, if you move the difficulty slider up to "tactical" this is removed (back to ad&d rules).

In the options tab you've a possibility to check "Full hp on level up" but it seems to be disabled with the latest SCS installment.

Anybody else experienced this?
    Post edited by MWO on