Skip to content

It's been 18 years and no one noticed this...

VanhardiskVanhardisk Member Posts: 40
I first discovered this little, insignificant but rather confusing portrait back when I first played NWN in its early patches in 2005 when I got the game for the first time.

I thought to myself: easter egg? confused mapper? hidden clue? polymorphed jaguar/cougar? Is there an official explanation to this or is something that got through and no one noticed because is such an insignificant deal?

Then Enhanced Edition came along, got it but didn't bother playing the OC.
Now I'm at it again and patches after patched after patches, nor Bioware nor Beamdog looked into this rather stupid misplaced portrait.

In the OC, inside Peninsula District, you have the option to take an 'alternate route' inside the prison by going through the basement of a wealthy woman who turned it into a maze/chess board of sorts.

If you examine the front door of her house (which I had to do to order my pixie familiar to unlock the door) you find out said door has the portrait of a feline animal (Puma? Panther? Jaguar? can't remember which one it is).
6tkt72em3nkg.jpg
299jwmfk9in9.png

I find it rather funny and... I don't know, like it is my own dirty little secret playing this game and makes me giggle. Because I searched and found no mention of this, like I discovered a secret message from the developers telling those who found the portrait: this is the first clue of many, keep going.

But of course this has to be just a minor confusion when assignating the correct portrait to the door.

And finally I decided to talk about it.

Does anyone else knew about this?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    it might actually depend if you have any portrait packs

i downloaded a bajillion portrait packs ( literally every time i make a new character i have like 1000 portraits to choose from )

and now im seeing weird portraits all over the place

especially in custom modules, every container and door has the wrong portrait and i dont know why, i guess when the custom portrait number gets too high, the game will just use that one i suppose
  • VanhardiskVanhardisk Member Posts: 40
    I have none, so no.
  • AncarionAncarion Member Posts: 155
    Yeah, it's actually in the base game. Probably the product of some bored dev, because I don't know how you'd do that accidentally.
  • RananRanan Member Posts: 34
    IIRC there's a story behind why there's a jaguar portrait on that door
  • TerrorbleTerrorble Member Posts: 169
    The old lady is a cougar and that's the closest pic.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Terrorble wrote: »
    The old lady is a cougar and that's the closest pic.

Now that's a BG1 level internal joke!