Skip to content

Hordes of the Underdark - Multiplayer

strapazestrapaze Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
Dear Adventurers,

i`m playing Shadows of Undrentide with 3 old friends twice a week. It´s wonderful. Now i`m wondering if we can continue with Hordes of the Underdark aftwards. I`ve read that it originally was created as a singleplayer campaign and you need to use a mod for multiplayer. Is it still like this? Has anyone played it coop in enhanced edition?

Thanks for any respondings
Matthias

Comments

• ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    I've never played through HotU multiplayer, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. I remember there's even a check in the first room for "all players are here". That said, I don't know if the EE changes might have broken anything. Give it a try and let us know your findings? :)
  • strapazestrapaze Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
    We started HotU with 5 players now and it started all well. Everyone gets a dialogue to level up the character to lvl 15. One gamecrash in 5 hours is normal i guess while we play on win10 and linux machines. But the transition from chapter 1 to chapter 2 only works for 1 character. The other characters have to leave the session and rejoin in the next module, missing 7500 xp. Otherwise the game crashes. The most cutscenes also only work for the character who started the scene.
    All in all we have a lot of fun and play once or twice a week now for a couple of hours although there is always the possibilty of a gamebreaking crash.

I thought about choosing our next adventure out of these:
    http://nwncampaigns.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=108
    Any recommendations? Coop-tested?

And do you know if the newer released DLC's for NWNEE are multiplayer tested?
    Playing without being afraid of crashes would be wonderful.